Jeffers

JJ

Buxton

Clarke

Purse

Brownlad

Added to that Millers hamstring saga, WTF is going on? :blink:

Edited by Manwithastick

How long are you out for Brownlad , will Irvine be trying for another emergency loan ? :biggrin:

I did it last week but played on and I was in rumbleing agony until about Thursday... then I thought it would be alright... warmed it up... but went in for a challenge halfway through a game and felt it go TWANG!

it feels alright now, just really tight... although I don't really want to keep playing on it...

I did it last week but played on and I was in rumbleing agony until about Thursday... then I thought it would be alright... warmed it up... but went in for a challenge halfway through a game and felt it go TWANG!

it feels alright now, just really tight... although I don't really want to keep playing on it...

Iv pulled mine a few times playing rugby, it hurts like hell and takes ages to recover fully from. Whats worse, is that once its gone a couple of times, you live in fear of it going again and it does affect how you play.

I invested in some of the heavy duty padded cycling shorts from lonsdale, and theyve done the trick but are still a bit restrictive..

generally, its a result of weak core or back muscles, so whatever theyve been doing, im assuming hes found out a lot about their fitness levels...

Iv pulled mine a few times playing rugby, it hurts like hell and takes ages to recover fully from. Whats worse, is that once its gone a couple of times, you live in fear of it going again and it does affect how you play.

I invested in some of the heavy duty padded cycling shorts from lonsdale, and theyve done the trick but are still a bit restrictive..

generally, its a result of weak core or back muscles, so whatever theyve been doing, im assuming hes found out a lot about their fitness levels...

It's often a result of an imbalance of the muscle power ratio of quads/hamstrings - and inadequate rehab focusing on the wrong things.

You mean pulling it, getting pi$$ed, playing on it next week isnt the right kind of rehab?

poo poo....

oddly enough, you have just almost exactly described my rehab!

but no seriously, it does keep twinging... as soon as it starts feeling better, I stretch or move in a certain way and it just goes TWANG!

but no seriously, it does keep twinging... as soon as it starts feeling better, I stretch or move in a certain way and it just goes TWANG!

You need to stretch it out better mate, i started doing about ten minutes of purely hamstring and lower back related stretches before games and it helped massively.

Get yourself a pair of something like these;

http://www.canterburyofnz.com/media/catalo...2d/1/0/1017.jpg

Uncomfortable, but works...

Biomechanical factors notwithstanding - you need to rehab the bloody thing!

It almost certainly needs to be stronger - hamstring rehabs are quite complex - but very basically it needs to be stronger