Our bench yesterday was embarassing

- Jameson

- Palmer

- Nolan

- Soares, dreadful against Doncaster, should have been dropped

- Boden

- Clarke

- McAllister

Boden and Palmer obviously there to make the numbers up!

I also find it a bit worrying when we only have one striker on the bench and it is Leon Clarke :blink:

Im not having a go at Leon Clarke but he has no composure whatsoever, just puts his foot through it first time, yesterday prime example just smashed it straight at keeper in front of kop. Whats happened to that Nathan Modest? Ive also heard a rumour that there is a player called Oliver banging them in for reserves? Anyone heard owt?

I would rather have an extra Striker and one less midfielder on the bench tbh.

- Jameson

- Palmer

- Nolan

- Boden

- Clarke

- McAllister

I also find it a bit worrying when we only have one striker on the bench and it is Leon Clarke :blink:

Im not having a go at Leon Clarke but he has no composure whatsoever, just puts his foot through it first time, yesterday prime example just smashed it straight at keeper in front of kop. Whats happened to that Nathan Modest? Ive also heard a rumour that there is a player called Oliver banging them in for reserves? Anyone heard owt?

Not so sure any of our Reserves would be good enough to make an impact in the situation we're in mate, been impressed with the little i've seen of Modest but he's also been struck with the Wednesday's striker curse of not being a goalscorer and I don't think anyone's consistently scored goals in the reserves this season due to a distinct lack of fixtures and the ammount of so called 1st teamers peppering reserve team fixtures as they've either been returning from injury or just so poor at playing in the 1st team that they need more experience.

We somehow need to beg, steal or borrow a striker from somewhere soon or we'll really be in the mire!

- Jameson

- Palmer

- Nolan

- Boden

- Clarke

- McAllister

Er, he was dropped.

I'd just like him to maybe play Soares in his actual position in CM, but, you know, that would mean dropping the tenacious workaholic Darren Potter. That bloke who does roger all yet keeps Soares/SM out of the centre.

Guest bigandy

This is a squad we were told would be challenging for the play-offs remember.

Something went wrong somewhere.

Yep a number of things have gone wrong

Laws spent the money available to him poorly and made some bad decisions (i.e. the way he treated Wood). Purse and Miller haven't been the players we thought they were going to be.

We're still paying a heavy price for the signing of a big eared scouser who has been robbing the club of 10k a week for nearly 3 years.

The supporters, of all the flipping time to do so, have started to lose patience and become a moaning set of short-sighted idiots. After 15 years of poo just sitting there quietly while our club was going down the tail quicker than some of the skiers at the Olympics. We now have someone trying to fix it and there's bloody uproar. And no i'm not blaming it all on the fans, Im just as frustrated and pissed off as everyone else but jesus the club needs us now more than ever and we're turning against them, finding fault with everything Lee does.

Not so sure any of our Reserves would be good enough to make an impact in the situation we're in mate, been impressed with the little i've seen of Modest but he's also been struck with the Wednesday's striker curse of not being a goalscorer and I don't think anyone's consistently scored goals in the reserves this season due to a distinct lack of fixtures and the ammount of so called 1st teamers peppering reserve team fixtures as they've either been returning from injury or just so poor at playing in the 1st team that they need more experience.

We somehow need to beg, steal or borrow a striker from somewhere soon or we'll really be in the mire!

Out of all the strikers i would sell/release-

Tudgay - Not Interested

Clarke - Not a goal scorer, useless would be unfair however he is not championship standard

Jeffers - Robbed the club from the minute he got here

Sodje - Injury Prone, has he already made an agreement to join Charlton on a free in summer?

I would try to sign Varney as he works his socks offs, he showed he wants to play for the club and has already shown he has quality.

Yep a number of things have gone wrong

Laws spent the money available to him poorly and made some bad decisions (i.e. the way he treated Wood). Purse and Miller haven't been the players we thought they were going to be.

We're still paying a heavy price for the signing of a big eared scouser who has been robbing the club of 10k a week for nearly 3 years.

The supporters, of all the flipping time to do so, have started to lose patience and become a moaning set of short-sighted idiots. After 15 years of poo just sitting there quietly while our club was going down the tail quicker than some of the skiers at the Olympics. We now have someone trying to fix it and there's bloody uproar. And no i'm not blaming it all on the fans, Im just as frustrated and pissed off as everyone else but jesus the club needs us now more than ever and we're turning against them, finding fault with everything Lee does.

Bit unfair Purse has started to perform and Miller hasn't had a chance to prove himself

Out of all the strikers i would sell/release-

Tudgay - Not Interested

Clarke - Not a goal scorer, useless would be unfair however he is not championship standard

Jeffers - Robbed the club from the minute he got here

Sodje - Injury Prone, has he already made an agreement to join Charlton on a free in summer?

I would try to sign Varney as he works his socks offs, he showed he wants to play for the club and has already shown he has quality.

yes, although it is conditional on him meeting set criteria.... i.e. number of games in which he makes an appearance / number of starts

Noticed that the Ipswich squad was much larger than ours. Its a tough call. Do we get loan players in to enhance our prospects of survival, or do we go mad and start spending money we don't have?

Looking at the situation regarding Portsmouth, Cardiff, Southend, surely we need to ensure that we ensure that we live within our means?

surely we need to ensure that we ensure that we live within our means?

just to be double-safe? :biggrin:

no one team in recent history has performed well with just 11 players used throughout the season and not for a long while has anyone managed it with just 16, but our 'squad' is what lets us down at times. If we had more money, obviously we could stretch to filling up the subs bench with quality players, but we haven't, so we have to make do with what we can afford.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when the contracts of certain players are up and what sort of personnel Irvine brings in. Could be that that entire ethos of the team is changed? and no, I didn't mean a losing ethos :biggrin:

Guest owlsowlsowls

just to be double-safe? :biggrin:

no one team in recent history has performed well with just 11 players used throughout the season and not for a long while has anyone managed it with just 16, but our 'squad' is what lets us down at times. If we had more money, obviously we could stretch to filling up the subs bench with quality players, but we haven't, so we have to make do with what we can afford.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when the contracts of certain players are up and what sort of personnel Irvine brings in. Could be that that entire ethos of the team is changed? and no, I didn't mean a losing ethos :biggrin:

We need to fill the first 11 with quality players first :rolleyes:

We need to fill the first 11 with quality players first :rolleyes:

which, excusing the fact that a lot of them have contracts that need fulfilling before we can get rid, needs money correct?

so if we had the opportunity, where say one or two 'first teamers' were out of contract in the summer, would you try and generate funds early to find some quality replacements?