tudgay

"he's the only player in the squad that resembles anything like a player we need"

if that is what we need then we are foooooked. i was just pointing out one of tudgays many flaws and one of the main ones. the others being an inability to score goals and an inability to hold the ball up

Check his career goal scoring record and get back to me.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Where did he say he had a good first touch?

He's making the point that the guy claimed he was a half decent footballer, when he really isn't.

Guest danny wath owl

tudders is a good player and proved it last season,not prolific but works hard for the team... look what he trying to work with first

no he isnt. he is very very avarage. he is a striker that has scored 3 goals in 25 league games. he has a terrible first touch, cant takea player on, cant hold the ball up.

yes, he (used to) works hard and is good at heading the ball. usually better when defending than attacking though.

what have i misunderstood?

Tudgay is the single most over-rated player at this club

His technical abilty with the ball at his feet is woeful.

He lost the ball and gave it away on numerous occasions today.

Yes, he wins some headers, but if that is all we want from our main striker, then we may as well go sign a 6ft odd rookie from the lower leagues.

He will run around all day for us and win a few headers (which never actually find a blue and white shirt) but overall as a striker he is woeful.

He has now scored in one of his last 19 matches (though in one he was carrying a knock, so I will let him have that one for free), he never looks dangerous, does not look a goal threat, is not creative, has no pace.......... why he has so much support on here is untrue.....

Yes he is in a bad team, but even Varney looks a better player than him and that is saying something.

Give Clarke a full game against Reading, let Marcus stew on his performances this season. But, I now actually think we are seeing the real Marcus Tudgay, all his previous hype has come from a few well timed purple patches

Not good enough and should have sold him in the summer........... which I strongly advocated

Yeah I wish we'd sold when we had the chance but it's too late now.

I was massively critical of him over on 606 in BL's last 10 or so games, because he'd stopped trying. And I still hold that against him, but even I'll admit he's been decent/good since AI took over. Only world class strikers score goals without service.

Guest JonTheOwl66

How can people still hark on about 'last season'..

So flippingwhat? He scored 14 goals.. BIG WOW.

Look how many strikers have bypassed that already, massively overrated, not particularly good at anything except defending.

Tudgay bashers, grow up.

Tudgay is the single most over-rated player at this club

His technical abilty with the ball at his feet is woeful.

He lost the ball and gave it away on numerous occasions today.

Yes, he wins some headers, but if that is all we want from our main striker, then we may as well go sign a 6ft odd rookie from the lower leagues.

He will run around all day for us and win a few headers (which never actually find a blue and white shirt) but overall as a striker he is woeful.

He has now scored in one of his last 19 matches (though in one he was carrying a knock, so I will let him have that one for free), he never looks dangerous, does not look a goal threat, is not creative, has no pace.......... why he has so much support on here is untrue.....

Yes he is in a bad team, but even Varney looks a better player than him and that is saying something.

Give Clarke a full game against Reading, let Marcus stew on his performances this season. But, I now actually think we are seeing the real Marcus Tudgay, all his previous hype has come from a few well timed purple patches

Not good enough and should have sold him in the summer........... which I strongly advocated

^^

Him and Potter have to go down as the most over-rated players to grace the blue and white in many a year

I really do not understand the love in for these two....

Have to say Glaser, I have agreed with almost all of your posts tonight.

When people are saying about Tudgay being the best player we have I just keep wondering whether i am deluded!

I really think that he should be moved to the right side of midfield where i think he could be a solid player for us. I know the service is poor for him but if he was so good he would make things happen.

Guest JonTheOwl66

And yet he remains our top scorer and has the most assists out of the lot

Aren't Varney and Tudgay on the same? So technically he isn't.