Darren Purse and Players Ratings For Tonight

Guest Crooky

Grant 6 Decent enough still wish he would come for a cross once in a while

Simek 4 Poor was decent last week so lets hope its a one off but the legs look like they've gone to me

Beevers 4 Although hes improved since irvines come in he still doesn't look the same player who once showed godd tackling and was pretty competant on the ball when he first broke through

Purse 7 Imporved imensely last few weeks was pretty much defending on his own tonight

Spurr 3 I just dont see it hes actually improved slightly going forward but for me he just cant tackle a winger just stands off loses his man in the box all the time

Soares 3 Looks like hes just their to make numbers up would like to see him given a try in his proper position

Potter 3 His passing was just awful tonight and thats his only real attribute as we all no he cant run or tackle

O'connor 3 Chasing shadows looked embarrasingly bad tonight but will give him the benefit of the doubt as hes had a good season

Gray 3 To slow to track back gets dragged out of position to easily and offers nothing going forward

Tudgay 5 Both strikers had no service all night won a few headers and ran after the ball in midfield

Varney 5 same as tudgay really worked hard enough no service what so ever

Agree with these ratings except for one thing, there is no way anyone on that pitch last night deserves a lower rating than Simek, Buxton will need to poo poo on the bosses cornflakes today and get caught to get left out of the next match, he was truely appalling.

player ratings:-

Grant 6

simek 5

purse 6

beevers 5

spurr 3

soares 2

joc 4

potter 4

gray 4

varney 4

tudgay 5

we could have been 3-0 inside 20 mins!

Then were made to pay for it bigtime. Rovers outpassed, outfought, outthought us in every dept. It was embarassing To think that 10 years ago we were in the prem playin infront of 30k & they were at Belle Vue in the conference playin infront of 4k .

What a turn around, hey? They didnt have any world-beaters just a solid 11 and a good manager whojas designed a very fluid & flexible system.

I just hope we can stay up somehow, & hope pigs dont make play-offs. Then get to end of season release all 10 who are out of contract. Start a fresh, like Turner did years ago!

Odonnell, simek, hinds, esajas, mcallister, boden, gray, lekaj, jeffers, clarke, can all leave! varney, soares (loans terminated) Then let Irvine bring his own squad in, and have a full pre-season with them.

Ipswich on saturday now becomes massive, a win is a must!

Grant 8 - Made some very good saves, couldn't do much about their goals

Simek 3 - Very Poor

Beevers 3 - Again very poor

Purse 9 - Thought he was outstanding today, i've not been a Purse fan since he arrived but his performance yesterday was miles better than I've seen from him before

Spurr 3 - Poor, needed dropping about 10 games ago in my opinion

Soares 1 - I will not say anything more than SHOCKING

Potter 1 - See above

JOC 2 - Best of a very bad bunch

Gray 1 - Spends more time running towards our goal than towards the opposition, constantly loses the ball and can't beat a man so he's not much use

Tudgay 6 - Thought he made some teriffic defensive headers, but without service and the few times we had the ball up front I didn't see either striker trying to get in the box for a cross

Varney 6 - Couldn't really ask more of him, he tried unlike most of the other embarrassing w@nkers in our team, but see above about the not trying to get into the box enough for crosses

Purse didn't put a foot wrong, and Beevers was solid apart from his woeful distribution.

Gray was poor and Esajas need bringing on earlier ! He touched the ball 2 or 3 times and took on 3 men, something we need when Johnson isnt in the team - Someone to run at an opposing defender !

Edited by Tapeworm

I'm not going to rate everyone indivdually, but the problem last night was the midfield, as it has been most of the season. JOC has had a good two months, but went back to his old ways last night and as a result potter was invisible because he never got the ball. Gray works to deep, but thats a result of Spurr not being good enough. Soares isnt a right winger and clearly isnt comfortable out wide.

Only positives were Grant, who had his best game for ages, and the two centre backs (although distribution is poor)

He has improved vastly over recent weeks, Irvine has defiantly made a difference with Purse.

Thought he was the only player who put a shift into day apart from Grant.

PURSE =My Man of Match!

:blink: Soares = Useless & Clueless

Grant 8 - Nothing he could do about the goals, made a few good saves

Spurr 7 - Average, but an improvement on recent performances

Purse 9 - Excellent, held Sharp off quite well throughout

Beevers 6 - Average,

Simek 3 - Nightmare

Soares 1 - No comment I will get banned! Basically he cba and he darent head a ball or put a tackle in.

Potter 5 - Below Par, not as good as he was against Blackpool

JOC 6 - Very Average

Gray 7 - Good work rate, first touch shocking! Legs went towards end

Varney 6 - Didnt put himself out, below par

Tudgay 7 - Fairly average, should have buried that shot at goal, won alot of flick ons

Overall Team Rating = 5

What are you watching Gray 7 my arse, same as soares absolutely useless not one tackle, at fault for first goal, runs about with his cartoon legs going

10 to the dozen but never gets there, can't cross, can't take a decent corner, never makes a tackle, his contribution to last nights game was zero

Peter Kay in a wheelchair could not have contributed any less fact, the most pointless player at this club drop him now.

Guest davet30

Purse 9 - Thought he was outstanding today, i've not been a Purse fan since he arrived but his performance yesterday was miles better than I've seen from him before

For a 'one off' (I hope I'm wrong), it did make Purse look a decent defender for once. He made a few decent tackles but some of his ideas and body language worry me some what.

He very often wacks the ball out of play when he has other options - school boy tactics from the 'if the balls out of play they can't do anything with it' brigade!

His head is often down - looking at his boots which gives the impression he's not interested.

I hope you are all right about him 'turning the corner' but I'll reserve my ultimate judgement until I see some consistency.

Perhaps instead of marking our players out of ten we should first consider the opposition cos Donny, as someone already said, played us off the park. They are a very well organised side and their play made us look very ordinary. Defensively they had flaws and we should have capitalised on that more. Sure we came close and it would have been an entirely different game if those earlier chances had been taken.

I'm not going to comment on individual performances as everyone plays part in a team performance but I've got to agree with comments about Soars!

Lets put this behind us and roll on Saturday!!

UTO

For a 'one off' (I hope I'm wrong), it did make Purse look a decent defender for once. He made a few decent tackles but some of his ideas and body language worry me some what.

He very often wacks the ball out of play when he has other options - school boy tactics from the 'if the balls out of play they can't do anything with it' brigade!

His head is often down - looking at his boots which gives the impression he's not interested.

I hope you are all right about him 'turning the corner' but I'll reserve my ultimate judgement until I see some consistency.

Perhaps instead of marking our players out of ten we should first consider the opposition cos Donny, as someone already said, played us off the park. They are a very well organised side and their play made us look very ordinary. Defensively they had flaws and we should have capitalised on that more. Sure we came close and it would have been an entirely different game if those earlier chances had been taken.

I'm not going to comment on individual performances as everyone plays part in a team performance but I've got to agree with comments about Soars!

Lets put this behind us and roll on Saturday!!

UTO

Purse has been playing consistently well for the last 6 or 7 weeks now.