Darren Purse and Players Ratings For Tonight

Guest Crooky

He has improved vastly over recent weeks, Irvine has defiantly made a difference with Purse.

Thought he was the only player who put a shift into day apart from Grant.

PURSE =My Man of Match!

:blink: Soares = Useless & Clueless

Grant 8 - Nothing he could do about the goals, made a few good saves

Spurr 7 - Average, but an improvement on recent performances

Purse 9 - Excellent, held Sharp off quite well throughout

Beevers 6 - Average,

Simek 3 - Nightmare

Soares 1 - No comment I will get banned! Basically he cba and he darent head a ball or put a tackle in.

Potter 5 - Below Par, not as good as he was against Blackpool

JOC 6 - Very Average

Gray 7 - Good work rate, first touch shocking! Legs went towards end

Varney 6 - Didnt put himself out, below par

Tudgay 7 - Fairly average, should have buried that shot at goal, won alot of flick ons

Overall Team Rating = 5

He has improved vastly over recent weeks, Irvine has defiantly made a difference with Purse.

Thought he was the only player who put a shift into day apart from Grant.

PURSE =My Man of Match!

:blink: Soares = Useless & Clueless

Grant 8 - Nothing he could do about the goals, made a few good saves

Spurr 7 - Average, but an improvement on recent performances

Purse 9 - Excellent, held Sharp off quite well throughout

Beevers 6 - Average,

Simek 3 - Nightmare

Soares 1 - No comment I will get banned! Basically he cba and he darent head a ball or put a tackle in.

Potter 5 - Below Par, not as good as he was against Blackpool

JOC 6 - Very Average

Gray 7 - Good work rate, first touch shocking! Legs went towards end

Varney 6 - Didnt put himself out, below par

Tudgay 7 - Fairly average, should have buried that shot at goal, won alot of flick ons

Overall Team Rating = 5

Honestly i could right alot more about how bad Soares was!

Problems with Soares

1. He has no pace (Irvine why play him on wing)???

2. He scared to head a ball

3. He doesn't like tackling

4. When he loses the ball, he cba to win it back

5. Doesn't link up well with other players from the wing

Not good enough to start next week! ESPECIALLY ON WING!

And the worrying thing about it all is Irvines judgement in this matter............................he wanted ( and got ) him for the rest of the season.

which is why I wonder, if he will not drop him because of this ?

Grant 6 Decent enough still wish he would come for a cross once in a while

Simek 4 Poor was decent last week so lets hope its a one off but the legs look like they've gone to me

Beevers 4 Although hes improved since irvines come in he still doesn't look the same player who once showed godd tackling and was pretty competant on the ball when he first broke through

Purse 7 Imporved imensely last few weeks was pretty much defending on his own tonight

Spurr 3 I just dont see it hes actually improved slightly going forward but for me he just cant tackle a winger just stands off loses his man in the box all the time

Soares 3 Looks like hes just their to make numbers up would like to see him given a try in his proper position

Potter 3 His passing was just awful tonight and thats his only real attribute as we all no he cant run or tackle

O'connor 3 Chasing shadows looked embarrasingly bad tonight but will give him the benefit of the doubt as hes had a good season

Gray 3 To slow to track back gets dragged out of position to easily and offers nothing going forward

Tudgay 5 Both strikers had no service all night won a few headers and ran after the ball in midfield

Varney 5 same as tudgay really worked hard enough no service what so ever

Me and my mate got 'told off' for getting on Simeks case :blink: I must admit Soares and Esejas didn't do him any favours what so ever but he was utter testicles tonight...... he looked scared to death half of the time.....

Gray for me was the weakest link tonight.

However bad Soares is (and he is horrific), Gray just takes the biscuit.

His work rate is second to none but ....

- his ball distribution is terrible

- his positional sense is horrendous

- decision making is kieron dyer

- can't cross a ball

The sooner the summer comes and he leaves us the better. Waste of space!

Edited by RocastleFan

Guest ™Goody™

Me and my mate got 'told off' for getting on Simeks case :blink: I must admit Soares and Esejas didn't do him any favours what so ever but he was utter testicles tonight...... he looked scared to death half of the time.....

I believe that he is putting Soares on the wing to give Simek that added boost as he is still not fit. He sees soares as a defensive player and so im guessing he thinks if he puts him on the wing then the opposition have to then combat against soares and simek.... Its worked in previous games and worked especially well at Barnsley.

Gray for me was the weakest link tonight.

However bad Soares is (and he is horrific), Gray just takes the biscuit.

His work rate is second to none but ....

- his ball distribution is terrible

- his positional sense is horrendous

- decision making is kieron dyer

- can't cross a ball

The sooner the summer comes and he leaves us the better. Waste of space!

He int bad from corner kick lol

Grant 6 Decent enough still wish he would come for a cross once in a while

Simek 4 Poor was decent last week so lets hope its a one off but the legs look like they've gone to me

Beevers 4 Although hes improved since irvines come in he still doesn't look the same player who once showed godd tackling and was pretty competant on the ball when he first broke through

Purse 7 Imporved imensely last few weeks was pretty much defending on his own tonight

Spurr 3 I just dont see it hes actually improved slightly going forward but for me he just cant tackle a winger just stands off loses his man in the box all the time

Soares 3 Looks like hes just their to make numbers up would like to see him given a try in his proper position

Potter 3 His passing was just awful tonight and thats his only real attribute as we all no he cant run or tackle

O'connor 3 Chasing shadows looked embarrasingly bad tonight but will give him the benefit of the doubt as hes had a good season

Gray 3 To slow to track back gets dragged out of position to easily and offers nothing going forward

Tudgay 5 Both strikers had no service all night won a few headers and ran after the ball in midfield

Varney 5 same as tudgay really worked hard enough no service what so ever

I honestly thought I was the only person at Hillsborough to see this.

Thank God!

I believe that he is putting Soares on the wing to give Simek that added boost as he is still not fit. He sees soares as a defensive player and so im guessing he thinks if he puts him on the wing then the opposition have to then combat against soares and simek.... Its worked in previous games and worked especially well at Barnsley.

I'm pretty sure thats the idea too..... but soares seemed to have his own agenda tonight, and that was to do flip all....... :laugh:

Grant 6 didn't have to do anything.

Purse 10

I agree with Purse rating

But were you actually at the game :blink: Grant nothing to do? You must have gone to the toliet

Grant kept us in it!

I've seen many a side beat us at Hillsborough over the last few years. I've not seen a side outplay us like that for a long time though :(

(I didn't go to WBA)

Grant kept us in it!

I've seen many a side beat us at Hillsborough over the last few years. I've not seen a side outplay us like that for a long time though :(

(I didn't go to WBA)

Can you imagine score if we still had Chris Adamson as our keeper :blink:

Grant did well!

Grant 8 - Left exposed by terrible defending at set pieces

Spurr 5 - Kept backing off his man when attacked provided nothing going forward

Purse 8 - Without him could have been 5 quite easily

Beevers 6 - Are we happy with a centre half who'd distribution is a poor as this ?

Simek 3 - Same as Spurr his lack of match practice standing out a mile

Soares 1 - Powder Puff started the rot and the rest joined in

Potter 5 - Watching thier midfield play mostly never got anywhere near his opposite number

JOC 6 - As Per Potter

Gray 2 - Terrible....made John Oster look world class not asingle noteworthy contribution throughout the game

Varney 6 - Living off scraps

Tudgay 7 - Won most balls in the air again living off terrible/non existant ball from midfield

Overall Team Rating = 5

To say that the players had few days off and then turned in this kind of performance was not acceptable. I had hoped that some of AI's comments would reflect that. He has made a subtle point on the official website that playing at Hillsborough can be daunting for the home team.......well it can be if there is a basic lack of effort and commitment and I'm afraid thta was the root of the problem it started with Soares pulling out of a couple of things and then half the team joined in.

Response required from players and management this week-end