AI needs some help

Quite clearly I was unable to make the trip tonight as thankfully I chose last Tuesdays match instead.

This is not a knee jerk reaction to tonights result, but I do feel it is time LS and the board gave the manager some support.

All credit to them, Alan Irvine was a fine appointment and the guy has produced miracles with what appeared to be a hapless

bunch of players. Now though he really needs to freshen things up a bit with a couple of his own players. At a time when our

rivals are using the loan system to strengthen their squads poor Alan is told there are no funds available. I know things are

tight but surely it cannot be beyond the realms of possibility to convince the bank to briefly extend the playing budget and

allow AI to bring a couple in. We have sold Wood and released Sodje and currently have 5 out injured so we don't have too

many options However as I said before, we can redress the balance by letting a few out on loan when the injuries clear up. Its

alright LS saying that a strict playing budget is one of the criteria of any would be investor, but so is being in the championship

I think we're, unfortunately, seeing the slap of reality hit us again - the players we have are not really good enough.

AI can only do so much - this is the exact same bunch of fools who messed around for half a season, putting in some of the worst individual & team performances for years to leave us up the creek come Christmas. AI has worked miracles so far, but the players being so average means that 4 home wins in a row is, frankly, unobtainable.

We've been a bit shown up, it seems, by a lot better set of footballers.

Huge game at the weekend now.

Just read Derby are talking with Everton about bringing James Vaughan back on loan. Personally I'd be surprised if that happens as hes recently been in and around their first team. Would be a top loan signing for us if AI could use his Everton connections to hijack the deal.

But he has been given some resources, and he's used them on season long loans for Varney and Soares.

We can't magic money out of nothing, if it isn't there it isn't there. Irvine will have been told this when he took the job, that any resources will be limited, and he appears to have used them. He's going to have to make do with what he has got I think.

i said the same thing when varney came back, i don't really want to see old ideas and styles, a new man, a different way but still the same players, it was a strange signing then and is still a strange signing now,

ai's first piece of business/dealings, was to bring a player back from a failing team.

im honestly not knocking varney, as he's done well since returning, i just cannot get my head around the deal.

i want to see irvines signings.

Guest intercity0wl

Quite clearly I was unable to make the trip tonight as thankfully I chose last Tuesdays match instead.

This is not a knee jerk reaction to tonights result, but I do feel it is time LS and the board gave the manager some support.

All credit to them, Alan Irvine was a fine appointment and the guy has produced miracles with what appeared to be a hapless

bunch of players. Now though he really needs to freshen things up a bit with a couple of his own players. At a time when our

rivals are using the loan system to strengthen their squads poor Alan is told there are no funds available. I know things are

tight but surely it cannot be beyond the realms of possibility to convince the bank to briefly extend the playing budget and

allow AI to bring a couple in. We have sold Wood and released Sodje and currently have 5 out injured so we don't have too

many options However as I said before, we can redress the balance by letting a few out on loan when the injuries clear up. Its

alright LS saying that a strict playing budget is one of the criteria of any would be investor, but so is being in the championship

No, he needs to teach the players he already has how to play football. That goes the same for any manager.

True, most clubs I think could benefit from a more settled side and the manager putting the work in on the training ground. However all managers like to have a few of their own players to work with. I'm certainly not advocating wholesale changes, just a couple of fresh faces. After all it is almost unheard of that a new manager doesn't bring in a few of his own, even amongst the paupers of the league.

But he has been given some resources, and he's used them on season long loans for Varney and Soares.

We can't magic money out of nothing, if it isn't there it isn't there. Irvine will have been told this when he took the job, that any resources will be limited, and he appears to have used them. He's going to have to make do with what he has got I think.

Can we not use some of the ST money, that is to be used to determine AI budget in the summer, now to bring in a loan player or two to help see the job off of staying in this league? Then let AI have a clear out and start again in the summer?

That sounds like a decent idea to atleast hold on to a place in the Championship, I have every confidence in Alan Irvine but it's so incredibly tight down there at the bottom that we need 1 or 2 new faces to freshen things up.

I know the funds aren't there for this but even AI said 1 out 1 in and mentioned a few weeks ago that he thought Akpo might leave and allow him to at least bring in 1 new addition.... Akpo must have really been on a pitance.

I've noticed Neil Mellor's not getting a look in recently and has had a few games as an unused sub at Preston!

I think we're, unfortunately, seeing the slap of reality hit us again - the players we have are not really good enough.

AI can only do so much - this is the exact same bunch of fools who messed around for half a season, putting in some of the worst individual & team performances for years to leave us up the creek come Christmas. AI has worked miracles so far, but the players being so average means that 4 home wins in a row is, frankly, unobtainable.

We've been a bit shown up, it seems, by a lot better set of footballers.

Huge game at the weekend now.

Spot on. Let's hope and pray we can stay up and then ship out as many of these players as we can. They have a combination of not being good enough and little desire.

All Irvine can do is instill the maximum amount of organisation and work rate needed to grind out enough points to keep us up. He has showed that we can grind out results and play poor football. Let's hope he can do it. Wont be pretty or good to watch - but in the short term who cares as long as we stay up????

Guest Sheff Owl

Echo what other's have said there need's to be a massive clearout this summer hoepfully with us stillin the Championship.

These player's have proved all season that they just don't seem to be able to hack it.

How hard is it to put you head in where it hurts, to win your 50/50 battles...

To go in hard and make sure you win the ball?

We are to scared, why? we give so much respect to others.

Can we not use some of the ST money, that is to be used to determine AI budget in the summer, now to bring in a loan player or two to help see the job off of staying in this league? Then let AI have a clear out and start again in the summer?

What a horrible idea. It would reduce next season's playing budget even further. I'm sure we can't go to the bank for money

What a horrible idea. It would reduce next season's playing budget even further. I'm sure we can't go to the bank for money

League One football is an horrible idea IMO.

It's not going to reduce the wage bill is it? It may not increase or increase by much, but who cares as long as we're staying in the Championship?

League One football is an horrible idea IMO.

It's not going to reduce the wage bill is it? It may not increase or increase by much, but who cares as long as we're staying in the Championship?

as wolfmanjack said earlier you know some stuff to say you just left WHS