One of the worst performances

Missed a trick tonight. Doncaster only have one way of playing, and that is to pass it around and find space. They have no Plan B.

Stick 5 across midfield and you make life difficult for them, and it's much harder for them to get their passing game going. As is, they had far too much space against our 4-man midfield, and found gaps far too easily.

Said this to a friend before the game, said it 10 minutes before they got their first.

Doncaster played really well, but we allowed them to play really well.

you mean no-man midfield

Guest mickeybb

An absolute disgrace, they're a flipping pub team, it should be illegal for Wednesday to lose against donny - unacceptable

This coffee is really good - maybe when you wake up you can try smelling it....... :biggrin:

The way to play Doncaster is to kick em round the park.

This. Ive never seen a bunch of players look less frustrated at being played of the park. At one point in the second half their winger bent down to pull his socks while spurr was stood near him wondering how he ever got a proffessional football contract.

We always manage to get a team full of nice guys who try. Ive just heard barry horne commenting on sky if anyone remembers the few games he played for us the tackles he put in them games were borderline life threatning a times thats how you stop the doncasters of the world playing tippy tappy football around you.

Possibly not related to this thread, but when was the last time our goalkeeper played it from a goal kick, on the floor to a full back?

It happens all time on PES, so that makes it factual.

Another particularly embarassing moment tonight was when Grant threw it to Gray and he was unable to keep it in play.

Possibly not related to this thread, but when was the last time our goalkeeper played it from a goal kick, on the floor to a full back?

It happens all time on PES, so that makes it factual.

Grants kicking is so bad as well

9 times out of 10 it does not go to where it is intended.

But he seems to have very little confidence in giving it short to his defence. There were many times tonight, when he could have passed / rolled out a quick one, but chose not to

Completely unaccaptable performance tonight both in quality and attitude

We cannot put in performances like that in such important games, it absolutely stinks.

The players looked like they had done nothing all week , we have gone backwards in terms of organisation and commitment.

Tonight was as bad as anything I have seen this season at home, worse than any Laws team.

The rammifications regarding tonight maybe wide reaching - the casual supporters were out tonight; they wont go again after that.

Next time Lee Strafford thinks about coming on here and gobbing off about fans not buying into his plan for Wednesday, he wants to stop himself and watch a DVD of tonights performance and ask himself can he really expect people to shell out good money to watch uninterested players who certainly are not on board with a new era for the club.

we needed to combat Rovers passing game like we did at the keepmoat but time and time again we allowed them too much time in the middle and too much space to create

we needed 5 in the middle of the park and should have stifled there play and put esajas to create on the wing

Purse had another great game today. could have been a couple more if not for him or grant

Gray is past it. utter garbarge on the wing

I've never EVER once told a player to fcvk off the pitch .. but i lost it with Soares .. for a player fighting for a footballing future he showed about as much passion as a dying old man ... it was pathetic

But he seems to have very little confidence in giving it short to his defence. There were many times tonight, when he could have passed / rolled out a quick one, but chose not to

Posted Image

Agreed

Guest Happy Gilmore

I've said it for a few weeks now; the recent wins were against gash teams, and as soon as we come up against a decent side we got completly outplayed. This relegation fight will go right to the wire. Tonight was awful, and we are desperate for some legs and power in midfield, and someone who can get down the flanks and cross a ball. Soares thinks he's in the Champions League, and i'm afraid Frank Simek has gone. Potter and O'Conner looked like old men.

Doncaster made us look like a right set of twwats at times. This squad, somehow, needs freshening up. Quick.

What the roger bufflo bill.. out of all the team tonight, an you slate one of the two decent performances we had tonight.. the tank is always there or there abouts and is performing well to say he is only early into his season after coming back after a long time out.. I'd play him over buxton any day.. as shown by lewis having an amazing game at sunny scunny!! leave the yank alone as he could well be the only wednesday player at the world cup !

I've seen for a long time.

We got played off the park.

The highlight of my night was that lovely steward who took my empty bottle of Carling from my seat to a bin.

Saying, "We got played off the park," is like saying Donny played well. Given that Donny played well and we didn't even turn up, I could have got a team from work together and beaten Wednesday after one week of training, doesn't bode well for Donny and I feel that 2-0 flattered them considering they scored a flukey goal, which they are unlikely to do again for another 25 years, and they scored a lucky own goal.

Guest niteowl306

Thought Donny played us off the park. Their football and passing was tremendous and something I used to watch Sheridan and co produce a few long years ago.

Credit to O'Driscoll. To produce that sort of team on a wage budget less than Wednesday's is something I wish we could aspire to.

That said, last night once Clarke came on and we were more direct, we bypassed midfield and I thought we showed glimpses of how we could have beaten them.

Mere glimpses tho, because I never thought we looked likely to win. We made Donny like bloomin Real Madrid at times and our midfield very pedestrian.

The way to play Doncaster is to kick em round the park.

Bang on the money. We gave them so much respect it was untrue. The time & space we offered must have felt like they were having a light & zero contact training session. Knowing how theyplay personally speaking I would have let each one of them know they were in a game & clattered them for the 1st couple of tackles all over the park. We stood off them & allowed them to play. Not acceptable that.

Guest harveyhamfeet

I thought AI said we would stifle them to stop them playing football??!?!?!

I was angrier than I'd been all season last night, it looked like we were doing zonal marking. pick up a man each and get in hard. We did it for 10 mins and were well on top.

The amazing thing was that after half time, we did the same and AI didn't encourage our players to push on them.

Last nights performance is why I won't be renewing my season ticket and I suspect a few hundred/thousand thought the same last night.

It's not rocket science combatting the way Doncaster play, we know they are a passing team so you have to stop them knocking it about.

The way to do this is to mark man to man, keeping close, and closing down the space they found themselves in time and time again last night.

You don't sit back, give them space to pass into, and admire their passing skills.

We got it completely wrong last night.