One of the worst performances

Guest owls_4_life

I was embarrassed at how easy it was for them to play.

My highlight was the ball boy who fell over an advertising board very late on. Bless him!

Yet the man who gets defended to the hilt, misses an absolute sitter, to make it one nil.

He has now scored in one of his last 17 matches.

Brilliant

PS: We made them look like Barcelona tonight

they have been struggling until recently, so obviously there are ways to play against them, or they would be top of the league

I've said it for a few weeks now; the recent wins were against gash teams, and as soon as we come up against a decent side we got completly outplayed. This relegation fight will go right to the wire. Tonight was awful, and we are desperate for some legs and power in midfield, and someone who can get down the flanks and cross a ball. Soares thinks he's in the Champions League, and i'm afraid Frank Simek has gone. Potter and O'Conner looked like old men.

Doncaster made us look like a right set of twwats at times. This squad, somehow, needs freshening up. Quick.

Guest CrazyJack

thought it was the same performance as against blackpool, plymouth and peterboro!! we had two great chances to go 2-0 up and COULD have been a different game....

I've said it for a few weeks now; the recent wins were against gash teams, and as soon as we come up against a decent side we got completly outplayed. This relegation fight will go right to the wire. Tonight was awful, and we are desperate for some legs and power in midfield, and someone who can get down the flanks and cross a ball. Soares thinks he's in the Champions League, and i'm afraid Frank Simek has gone. Potter and O'Conner looked like old men.

Doncaster made us look like a right set of twwats at times. This squad, somehow, needs freshening up. Quick.

As much as I think Alan has done a sterling job, I have to agree with this in part

We have played 3 decent sides. Forest, Scunny and Donny

The rest were very poor to be honest.

What results have we got in the games where we have been tested ?

And how many goals have we scored in the 3 games where we got a test ?

Yet the man who gets defended to the hilt, misses an absolute sitter, to make it one nil.

He has now scored in one of his last 17 matches.

Brilliant

PS: We made them look like Barcelona tonight

they have been struggling until recently, so obviously there are ways to play against them, or they would be top of the league

Tudgay is his own worst enemy. He's our best centre forward, best tackler in midfield and best defender at set pieces. The bloke is everywhere, and it won't be long before he's crossing the ball into the box for himself. We are carrying far too many players, average players at that. If we 11 Tudgays, both in terms of attitude and ability, we'd be well out of this relegation battle.

As much as I think Alan has done a sterling job, I have to agree with this in part

We have played 3 decent sides. Forest, Scunny and Donny

The rest were very poor to be honest.

What results have we got in the games where we have been tested ?

And how many goals have we scored in the 3 games where we got a test ?

Scunny at Hillsborough this season were the worst Championship side i've ever seen. Forest were average. Doncaster, along with QPR and West Brom are the best side to come this season.

Missed a trick tonight. Doncaster only have one way of playing, and that is to pass it around and find space. They have no Plan B.

Stick 5 across midfield and you make life difficult for them, and it's much harder for them to get their passing game going. As is, they had far too much space against our 4-man midfield, and found gaps far too easily.

Said this to a friend before the game, said it 10 minutes before they got their first.

Doncaster played really well, but we allowed them to play really well.

Guest ReginaldBlinker

Let's not all start with OTT reactions.

We were poor tonight and they played pretty well so we deserved nothing. If you look at the results under AI we couldn't have asked for much more could we? AI said on RS that there are lessons to be learned from tonight and I believe he'll try his best to sort it.

We need to sulk tonight, get it out of our system and get ready for a big game on Saturday. We need to keep the faith and not turn to ground into a cauldron of doom and impending defeat on Saturday just coz of one poor game.

Donny got pasted by Boro recently didn't they? Everyone has off days & good days in this league.

Let's not all start with OTT reactions.

We were poor tonight and they played pretty well so we deserved nothing. If you look at the results under AI we couldn't have asked for much more could we? AI said on RS that there are lessons to be learned from tonight and I believe he'll try his best to sort it.

We need to sulk tonight, get it out of our system and get ready for a big game on Saturday. We need to keep the faith and not turn to ground into a cauldron of doom and impending defeat on Saturday just coz of one poor game.

Donny got pasted by Boro recently didn't they? Everyone has off days & good days in this league.

True. Really good post, but.... when we will ever have a "good" day, similar to like what they did today ?

Guest ReginaldBlinker

True. Really good post, but.... when we will ever have a "good" day, similar to like what they did today ?

Lots of our best performances have yielded zero points. A good day is when we win and there have been plenty recently!

If we beat Ipswich then that is 6 from 3 recent home games which'll do me. I actually thought 1 win, 1 draw and 1 defeat would be ok as expected tougher game from Blackpool.

Edited by ReginaldBlinker