FAO the coaching staff and players

Nope sorry different opinion of him than you thats for sure, nut nothing wrong with that. Hope he is the first name on the released list come May.

So you weren't impressed by him when we actually got the ball to him tonight? I'm all for different opinions, I'm just intrigued as to what he did wrong tonight? A number of times he skinned the full back, the only way they could stop him was to foul him, and he wasn't far off scoring at the end. The only problem was we never got enough possession of the ball to then give to him.

I'm not his biggest fan by a longshot, and I don't expect him to be here next year either, but tonight he actually looked like he could offer us something. No harm in starting him Saturday.

Guest barneyowlslovechild

My concern with EE would be that if he is wanting to impress

He would have more knowledge of the game and would not

walk off the pitch as the opposition is taking a corner and you are marking the spare man for a short corner

because his mouth is cut ?? - ref did not send him (second half this evening)

Perspective for fvcks sake people, why is it everytime we lose a game we massively overreact?

Ok we were awful, and gave them too much time/respect whatever you want to call it, but to write Doncaster off as a bad side is ridiculous (they have a taken points of many of the 'better' sides this season), and the result was probably a fair reflection of where the teams are at. There have been far more 'embarassing' performances than that this season.

We have won 5 from 8. If people want to dwell on losses then it will only hold us back at the minute, when the last thing we need to do is be thinking negatively with two big games coming up against teams around us. At the end of the day we still have a poor squad, with Irvine's bench options tonight consisting of Clarke and Esajas, both of whom he brought on. I was by no means impressed by tonight, but I think we have to be careful not to slip into a depressive slide as fans.

Thinking constructively, would be nice to get Miller back fit to provide another option in the middle, and the extent to which we miss JJ is huge, for if he was fit we could have Soares in the middle even. Fully expect Esajas to start on Saturday too, he actually looked bothered tonight which was nice to see.

you were doing so well until the last paragraph.... then it just went mental :)

Guest Darkus Owlus

Don't you F*CKING dare embarrass our club like that again on Saturday.

We were second best in every single way tonight. We were tactically beaten by a very good manager and their players and particularly their midfield were first to every ball. I can't believe Irvine didn't change things when it was obvious their extra man in the midfield was bringing them all their success. Losing to a nonsense club like them is bad enough but the circumstances were shocking. They were toying with us at the end. Only man to come out with any credit today was Darren Purse. Made a few important challenges and looked the part at most points again. The rest of you were a f*cking disgrace tonight.

Sounded bad on the radio, barely heard our players named mentioned especially in the final 30 minutes of the first half.

The goal was coming way before it did and it seems nothing was changed - we deserved to go 1-0 leaving a bad situation alone.

I'm so angry tonight, I turned off the Iplayer after 40 minutes, no team talk can motivated such a bad attitude in the game tonight from the players. I was correct to do so and saw we went 0-2 down.

These are reasons why distant fans like myself don't go that extra expense to come to games, especially against smaller clubs where we seem to put in a lazy attitude. Sflaphorpe being another example of this. There's no way I'll spend money on tickets when the players can't be fooked. I'd rarther lose 0-4 tonight with a good display than 0-2 with a pathetic, humiliating display.

Doncaster aren't a good side, neither are we but we're good enough to beat them at home. The difference was they really, really wanted to win this for their fans - i don't think our players matched the anywhere near the mental application and desire Doncaster brought tonight.

We deserve everything we got and the players should be bollocked for not applying enough desire and belief to win against beatable opposition. This is the minimum requirement. Both recent defeats have come against small teams, we're just poo at getting enthusiastic about playing unfashionable opposition in my opinion.

Fcvkin awful. A total wee wee over on all the recent good results.

Edited by Darkus Owlus

We were second best in every single way tonight. We were tactically beaten by a very good manager and their players and particularly their midfield were first to every ball. I can't believe Irvine didn't change things when it was obvious their extra man in the midfield was bringing them all their success. Losing to a nonsense club like them is bad enough but the circumstances were shocking. They were toying with us at the end. Only man to come out with any credit today was Darren Purse. Made a few important challenges and looked the part at most points again. The rest of you were a f*cking disgrace tonight.

No point in telling them what's wrong because they don't listen and even if they try to listen they hear something different from what was said. You missed out on being too deep and narrow and not knowing how to make space, not knowing how to pick up the flight of the ball etc etc etc.

Absolutely spot on Jon.

Fans shouldn't make decisions on season ticket renewals after one pathetic, miserable performance like that...but they will.

My dad shelled out £25 for a ticket for me for what was supposed to be an important 6 pointer local derby..it had all the traits of a really good game with loads of passion. You saw what we got and have very accurately described it.

Lee Strafford is never going to convince people to 'buy in' to this new Wednesday when the floating/casual supporter is treated to performances like tonight for their money. He can do nothing about it, he can't make players care. For me there was no ' new dawn' about last night. That was the worse home performance of the season.

Tonight was awful, and as I have said in another thread, there are also implications for season ticket renewals at a time where there is a big push on for people to renew.

Let's get real...

We've won 5 under AI yet haven't played really well in any of them. Him and his backroom team have worked wonders with a poor squad to get us where we are - and yes there's a hell of a lot of work still to do before we're safe.

The players have been working very hard for the new gaffer which is why results have improved - but at the end of the day they are the same players that were dogshyt under Laws and sooner or later they were always gonna return to that standard.

I'd be amazed if we didn't see a big improvement on Saurday.

That type of attitude is far too positive for a Sheffield football fan.

We should all keep posting links to Bladesmad to see their over-reactions when they lose a game. It's not like Wednesday fans ever over-react after a defeat......... Oh wait a minute .......

:biggrin:

Last night was very poor but people have to remember that we are still a pretty poor side even after our upturn in form.Doncaster are the best footballing side in this division by a mile with tactically the best manager they simply play a different way to anyone else.The thing that impressed me most was how well they closed us down they just did'nt give us time on the ball added to there passing ability we never stood a chance after 20 minutes.People need to take a step back straight after games,last night was disappointing but the bigger picture has to be solely on survival even if we do have the odd bad performance at least to start with last night we did see some positives something that can't be said at all about performances against Swansea,Reading or WBA.

Surely an important turning point was not scoring when on top . Simplistic but a truism that goals change games -so does missing several good chances. 1- 2-3 goals up after 20 who knows perhaps we'd have hung on :dry: - if and onlys but their confidence had to be lifted and ours dented by the thought it just wasn't our night.

It seems to be obvious we have a weak gutted team who need to score first. Ok Plymouth we came from behind but luckily that match we got level in seconds against a team that was bossing that match too. When it comes round to add to/change this squad we need an on the pitch leader

Having spoken to my 5 year old son on this matter, he came up with the following innovative training method which I am sure will avoid a repeat of any future disappointing performances:

RW: Charlie, Wednesday Lost Last Night.

C: Oh no rubbish. (Genuine Look of Disappointment on his Face)

RW: What do you reckon we can do about it Charlie?

C: Kick em in the Willy Dad

Take note AI!!!!!!

:biggrin: Looking back perhaps this was a mild over-reaction but my points are still valid and other than the swearing are the same. Our performance was unacceptable and in fairness I did write this having just come in from the match. I had to stay up until 3.30am after the match to be able to go and then finish work so I was not in a happy mood.

A reaction is needed on Saturday. We can't play like we did on Tuesday and expect to get anything out of the match. Lessons need to be learned by both the players and the coaching staff. They ALL got it wrong on Tuesday night. 3 points on Saturday is what is needed. UTO!