FAO the coaching staff and players

Without over reacting we were out fought, out classed and out thought.

AI has got a massive job on his hands.

With some very tough away games on the horizon, Ipswich on Saturday becomes a six pointer.

Assuming we stay up this season I'm sure AI will want a big clear out in the summer. Let's be honest a big percentage of our squad are not good enough.

With some very tough away games on the horizon, Ipswich on Saturday becomes a six pointer.

Assuming we stay up this season I'm sure AI will want a big clear out in the summer. Let's be honest a big percentage of our squad are not good enough.

absolute nail on the head

Guest mickeybb

Which is a pretty big assumption to make....but carry on...

Don't you F*CKING dare embarrass our club like that again on Saturday.

We were second best in every single way tonight. We were tactically beaten by a very good manager and their players and particularly their midfield were first to every ball. I can't believe Irvine didn't change things when it was obvious their extra man in the midfield was bringing them all their success. Losing to a nonsense club like them is bad enough but the circumstances were shocking. They were toying with us at the end. Only man to come out with any credit today was Darren Purse. Made a few important challenges and looked the part at most points again. The rest of you were a f*cking disgrace tonight.

Couldn't agree more... No-one was willing to take a booking for the team and kick the **** out of their midfield....

weekend off, and we looked like we'd played every day since last sunday...........fooked

this.

How's about we try and change our tactics at some point during a game?

We had our strikers going on and on for these fancy little flick ons and it irritates the flip out of me.

99/100 they do not work and we need to get the ball down adn flipping play it.

Is that a new name for get the ball, look up, kick aimlessly down the wings and hope it lands at the feet of one of our players? Or could it be pass in a triangle until you are closed down so much and the triangle becomes so tight you do a 360, fall over and lose possession?

I remember when we used to pass from the defence through the midfield and to the strikers in the good old days.... you know about August time.

flipping W4NK WEDNESDAY, you've annoyed the flip out of me tonight.

simple put, we gave them too much space, didn't close them down quick enough and when we finally got the ball back we

GAVE IT STRAIGHT BACK TO THEM

a very similar performance to the countless so far that has got us in this mess

the inadequacies are way too apparent when we face a side who are fast, confident on the ball and well organised...................well most teams in this division

Let's be honest a big percentage of our squad are not good enough.

The vast majority of our squad are simply not consistent and can go from the sublime to the ridiculous in the blink of an eye.

They have all shown that they can perform to a much higher standard but only when they can be bothered.

This evening proved once again that when the players choose not to turn up then there's very little that the manager / coaching staff can do.

Guest intercity0wl

Talking about embarrasing performances, mods - where have my insightful posts gone?

Irvine got it wrong tonight

The players were a disgrace (except Purse and possibly EE, Leon)

EE and Leon,your having a laugh surely, were talking about players of championship standard here, and those two are not of that standard in any way shape or form.

What i cannot understand is how or what LS said to AI to get him to take the job in the first place as most, and i do say most players are not of a standard to move us forward in a football sense and yet there is no sign of backing for him to strenghen even with Sogje and Wood off the wage bill,

I know there is supposedly no money but dispair what will happen if the unthinkable happens come may, unthinkable i know but still bvery possible.

Perspective for fvcks sake people, why is it everytime we lose a game we massively overreact?

Ok we were awful, and gave them too much time/respect whatever you want to call it, but to write Doncaster off as a bad side is ridiculous (they have a taken points of many of the 'better' sides this season), and the result was probably a fair reflection of where the teams are at. There have been far more 'embarassing' performances than that this season.

We have won 5 from 8. If people want to dwell on losses then it will only hold us back at the minute, when the last thing we need to do is be thinking negatively with two big games coming up against teams around us. At the end of the day we still have a poor squad, with Irvine's bench options tonight consisting of Clarke and Esajas, both of whom he brought on. I was by no means impressed by tonight, but I think we have to be careful not to slip into a depressive slide as fans.

Thinking constructively, would be nice to get Miller back fit to provide another option in the middle, and the extent to which we miss JJ is huge, for if he was fit we could have Soares in the middle even. Fully expect Esajas to start on Saturday too, he actually looked bothered tonight which was nice to see.

Guest barneyowlslovechild

Doncaster are a team who have better players than we do technically. They can play to a system and if other teams allow them room they will outplay you (but we played so badly that we made them look like brazil).

AI set the team up incorrectly tonight with a 4 4 2 as this allowed them so much room to pass - we had chances for the first 15 mins then it was all them.

When they had so much of the ball in the first half why did AI not change the formation to counter their midfield ?

We ended up with holes all over the place because the players were chasing shadows.

We should have changed our formation to 4 5 1 and dropped tudgay to right wing moving soares to centre midfield (might have done something) to have 3 central midfielders.

we ended up playing so deep that we were all within 10 yards of our penalty area.

Fully expect Esajas to start on Saturday too, he actually looked bothered tonight which was nice to see :laugh::laugh:

In the short time he was on the pitch, the few times he was given the ball he had their left back's pants down on a number of occasions, and can't have been far off with his shot at the end. So you don't think he actually looked a threat tonight?

Guest barneyowlslovechild

Not trying to be negative

BUT

If this game had been played in November everybody would have been complaining about Brian Laws (not sticking up for BL - he needed to go) and his poor tactics.

It was stated on Radio Sheffield tonight by one of the Wednesday backroom that we would have to keep our shape when thay had the ball then when we got it we could exploit them as they would be out of position.

We kept our shape for 20 mins then went backwards inviting pressure and lost all shape in midfield to a point that when we cleared it - we had nobody within 20 yards of their half.

It was not just the players fault tonight (it was mainly) - but the management team should have been able to read the game after 20 mins and make changes - ie formation or players

Guest intercity0wl

In the short time he was on the pitch, the few times he was given the ball he had their left back's pants down on a number of occasions, and can't have been far off with his shot at the end. So you don't think he actually looked a threat tonight?

Nope sorry different opinion of him than you thats for sure, but nothing wrong with that. Hope he is the first name on the released list come May. Edited by intercity0wl