When JJ is fit

Guest ReginaldBlinker

JJ should stay as a striker now imo.

but that means dropping bum boy / favourite Tudgay, or Varney

Varney has done nothing to warrant dropping, whereas we all know Marcus is in that all too familiar comfortable position

but that means dropping bum boy / favourite Tudgay, or Varney

Varney has done nothing to warrant dropping, whereas we all know Marcus is in that all too familiar comfortable position

I don't want to slag Varney but for me the jury is still out on him.

I watched the blackpool highlights back and he missed 4 pretty easy chances.

But regarding JJ, I think our shape and organisation would take a hit if he went back into the mifdfield 4. Yeah he has the abiltily to run the length of the pitch with the ball but his use of the ball at the end of those runs is woeful.

against Barnsley he showed he can be a real handful for centre backs though.

I don't want to slag Varney but for me the jury is still out on him.

I watched the blackpool highlights back and he missed 4 pretty easy chances.

But regarding JJ, I think our shape and organisation would take a hit if he went back into the mifdfield 4. Yeah he has the abiltily to run the length of the pitch with the ball but his use of the ball at the end of those runs is woeful.

against Barnsley he showed he can be a real handful for centre backs though.

Echo this sentiment.

I think he will struggle to get back in the side at present, we all know Soares won't be allowed to sit on the bench, Tudgay is guaranteed a spot, no matter how he plays, so it is either Varney or JJ.

But, there are a few games I'd guess between now and JJ hitting full fitness, so VArney could return to his usual, poor self in that spell. Hopefully not though. Hopefully we are now seeing the talents that cost teams upto £3.5 million for his services

It'd be tempting to stick him back on the wing or maybe up front as part of 4-3-3 or in a 4-4-2 with Tudders on the right.

I can only seeing him getting a game if we're well clear of bother though.

Why's that then?

He played well up front!

Echo this sentiment.

I think he will struggle to get back in the side at present, we all know Soares won't be allowed to sit on the bench, Tudgay is guaranteed a spot, no matter how he plays, so it is either Varney or JJ.

But, there are a few games I'd guess between now and JJ hitting full fitness, so VArney could return to his usual, poor self in that spell. Hopefully not though. Hopefully we are now seeing the talents that cost teams upto £3.5 million for his services

Soares should not be allowed to sit on the bench because he is a proper midfielder doing a decent job

Tudgay should be in the side because he wins more ball than anybody across the whole team, front ,back , middle and works his socks off, and keeps us in most games, and is involved in most of our goals.

Yep when everybody is fit it will be between Varney and JJ but how often is evrybody fit. And if Miller is getting back to fitness he will be in front of JJ for a starting place in midfield because he, also, is a proper midfielder.

I do think JJ can be great for us as a striker, especially as an impact player from the bench as gets back to fitness but he will need Tudgay alongside him to do the graft.

Edited by oldishowl

Guest depeched

The only 'JJ' that I know is 'Joggin John' who *used* to post on the http://www.iii.co.uk IMG messageboard..................before Imagination Technologies (IMG) went 'on a roll'

Incidentally, Joggin John lives in Hitchin and I do know him.

Read my 'Buying shares' thread for more info.

That said, your 'JJ' might be equally hopeless.

:-)

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Why wouldnlt you play Tudders on right, everyone says thats not his position HOWEVER he had his most prolific season when he started there for most games...

So easy swap JJ & Varney up front , Tudders on right, Soares off...

Guest depeched

Thought AI sees him as a striker.

It may be that he drops Tudders back on the right wing if JJ is fit. JJ and Varney - a fast forward line!

Not as fast as Grasshoppers Zurich's forward line against Aarau back in the mid 80's though.

Is that bar adjacent to the ground still there........and the forest 'out back'?

Whatever happened to Ottmar Hitzfeld?

:-)

Why wouldnlt you play Tudders on right, everyone says thats not his position HOWEVER he had his most prolific season when he started there for most games...

So easy swap JJ & Varney up front , Tudders on right, Soares off...

Because to start a game we need a good shape and the ball sticking up front. Tudgay is not only our best header of the ball but also the only striker we have who can play the role as a second striker dropping back to help the midfield .

He has being doing this all the time under AI and I can't see who else would carry out that role if you put him on the right and I ain't going to argue with manager given his results.

JJ and Varney like the ball over the top to run onto and if you have two like that it just doesn't stick up front. If you are chasing a game late on then needs must and no problem with them both being up front.

Not knocking any of the players , just think they are good at different things and you need a balance.

When JJ is fit this is the team for me...

---------------------Grant-----------------------

Simek-------Purse-------Beevers-------Spurr

-------O'Connor---Potter-----Soares

-------JJ---------Tudgay------Varney

Get the ball upto the front 3 early and let them wreak havoc. Soares and O'Connor pick up the scraps and Potter picks his passes. The back 4 remain a solid back 4 with both full backs playing a more defensive game than they are now.

This managing lark is easy!