When JJ is fit

Guest ReginaldBlinker

Guest ReginaldBlinker

It'd be tempting to stick him back on the wing or maybe up front as part of 4-3-3 or in a 4-4-2 with Tudders on the right.

I can only seeing him getting a game if we're well clear of bother though.

For me yes, but up front where his pace really hurts people. He seems to get more involved in the game when he plays up front. I'd move Tudgay wide right and use JJ alongside Varney. Soares has done OK but unless we are going to use him in his best position I'd leave him out. I suppose there is an argument for playing Soares instead of Potter but although Potter is inconsistent, he is the only one who can thread a pass. That may be key if we are going to play with two pacy forwards

For me yes, but up front where his pace really hurts people. He seems to get more involved in the game when he plays up front. I'd move Tudgay wide right and use JJ alongside Varney. Soares has done OK but unless we are going to use him in his best position I'd leave him out. I suppose there is an argument for playing Soares instead of Potter but although Potter is inconsistent, he is the only one who can thread a pass. That may be key if we are going to play with two pacy forwards

Good shout, though I think Soares could play the same role as potter in threading passes through, but not sure if we will ever find out!

I said against Blackpool we missed JJ.

His pace is frightening and gets the crowd on their feet and raises the sound elvels a little.

Potter was top notch against Pool, his goal was a touch of class I couldn't have seen many others scoring.

IMO the midfield pairing of Potter/ O' Connor shouldn't be changed

he does seem to enjoy playin up front, n is flippingfast!

If he comes back into the team it'll be up front, Irvine clearly wants more defensive/hard working midfielders like Gray, Soares or Tudgay playing out wide.

I wouldn't mind seeing Johnson alongside Varney actually, that line up would certainly keep the opposition's defence on their toes!

I'd bring him back slowly from the bench. The idea of having him as a striker is novel, he's exceptionally quick and decent with the ball at his feet but his end product 99% of the time is nonexistant, he can't shoot, completely ineffective with his back to goal, poor decision making and his passing/crossing is very questionable.

The ideal time for JJ is coming off the bench against a team that is pressing us for a result, leaving some gaps at the back and holding a high line.

Probably his greatest attribute for us is taking pressure off the back 4, he's a great outlet, but he'll never be the player that we all want him to be.

When should he be back fit by the way?

Edited by Wath-owl

Guest domSWFC

I wouldn't like to see Soares dropped, he should keep his place, he deserves it. Soares has done extremely well on the right considering its not his natural position. Gray hasn't impressed me lately so i would replace him with JJ when hes fit.

i would put jj upfront he was great against barnsley and had a good run there at start of season think any defence would be scared of jj and varney against them plus imo jj seems happier upfront and seems to put more effort in when is he due back ? i dont think he will be goin to start first game back anyway so depending on how people are playing could decide where he goes in

on the midfield i dont know what i would do there cause i would have said take potter off and move soares to middle and tudgay on right but its hard picking the cm pair now which is a good position to be in or dare i say start tudgay on bench but even if he aint playin well he always has a threat on set plays oh god this is hard

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

i would put him in for soares.

he will need easing back in with a couple of sub appearances if possible when he comes back anyways