No arrogance or hubris here, just thought the comment "...we may have chosen Norwich because they've got where they are, and where we want to be..." was more than a ltitle bizarre.

We all need a dream, I guess……..

In the context of season tickets, within which the quoted comment was so obviously made, why did you consider it to be 'more than a little bizarre'?

Edited by Sonny

Have you considered that we may have chosen Norwich because they've got where they are, and where we want to be, by using this model? Is that so ridiculous?

Using a club where the demand outstrips the supply is pointless, and i can't see where the comparisons are between us...the fact that they've ''got where they are'' is a combo of their geographical location, and having a pretty small ground. They haven't done anything special, and they aren't forced to really market ST's, nor have they in the past, like we have to.

Norwich could set whatever the flip deadlines they like, and they'll still sell out of ST's, because regardless of whether ST holders feel let down or hard done by by the club, they have no option but to renew because you are guarenteed to lose your ST and then have to go back on the waiting list.

That has never, and will never be the case at SWFC, because our ground is huge in comparison to our hardcore fanbase who would be interested in ST's. Like i say, i think Derby are a much better example to follow providing the financial side of things added up (22.5k season tickets sold at Pride Park, by a club with a pretty similar fanbase to ours, and by a club which is also struggling on the pitch like ours.)

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

Guest becauseofboxingday

Using a club where the demand outstrips the supply is pointless, and i can't see where the comparisons are between us...the fact that they've ''got where they are'' is a combo of their geographical location, and having a pretty small ground. They haven't done anything special, and they aren't forced to really market ST's, nor have they in the past, like we have to.

Norwich could set whatever the flip deadlines they like, and they'll still sell out of ST's, because regardless of whether ST holders feel let down or hard done by by the club, they have no option but to renew because you are guarenteed to lose your ST and then have to go back on the waiting list.

That has never, and will never be the case at SWFC, because our ground is huge in comparison to our hardcore fanbase who would be interested in ST's. Like i say, i think Derby are a much better example to follow providing the financial side of things added up (22.5k season tickets sold at Pride Park, by a club with a pretty similar fanbase to ours, and by a club which is also struggling on the pitch like ours.)

Completely agree.

If Norwich had a 40,000 stadium they would have less season ticket holders.

Wednesday do not have a culture of fans getting season tickets because fans know that they can still get a ticket for the big games regardless of whether they have a season ticket or not. The only way that demand might outstrip supply at Hillsborough is if we got back to the Premier League after such a long absence.

Derby (or Sheffield United) would be a better comparison for what we could expect to achieve. Some of our seats within the stadium must generate literally no cash at all during the season.

If all existing 14,000 existing season ticket holders are to renew by the April deadline, we need to start selling over 1200 every week.

you'd best get spreading the word about the good times that Alan is going to bring back to this football club then, rather than all the poison hadn't you ?

If all existing 14,000 existing season ticket holders are to renew by the April deadline, we need to start selling over 1200 every week.

But thats assuming a constant sale of tickets from now until then, there never is and will always be peaks and troughs.

Does sound a lot though when you put it like that.

I personally can't see it, if anything I can actually see a season ticket fall from last year. I'm feeling quite pessimistic at the moment though, 3 pts tomorrow and I'll be singing a different tune.