Guest Handsworthowl

On this day, it will be 4 years since I lost

two of my best mates in a car accident

returning from Coventry watching the mighty Owls,

I wanted to share this with you so they will be rembered

and never forgotton.

R.I.P Steven Fairbank & Shaun Rhodes.

Rest In Peace

I was really upset about this the morning after when I found out about it, being at the game myself.

Thoughts are with you and the family mate.

Guest oliver666

RIP fellow owls

That was a very very sad day for their families and close friends. They are Wednesdayites and they will always be remembered. The next visit we had at Coventry proved that point when all in the ground paid their respects including Coventry football club and their supporters. We will nor forget our loved and lost ones. UTO

On this day, it will be 4 years since I lost

two of my best mates in a car accident

returning from Coventry watching the mighty Owls,

I wanted to share this with you so they will be rembered

and never forgotton.

R.I.P Steven Fairbank & Shaun Rhodes.

I was at this game.

Very sad.

We were on our way back to Leicester (I was at Uni there)

On our way back part of one of the motorways had been closed.

We though something might have happened, but never thought in a million years it would be two lads at the same game as me.

Never forget the minutes silence at the Derby and the tribute the following season at the Ricoh.

RIP

I remember the next match was United at home and when they announced we would be having a minutes silence I expected the worst from their fans. To their absolute credit they observed the silence and held up the names of the two lads. They really went up in my estimations after that. It goes to show that rivalries can be put aside when it comes to things like life and death, it really puts things in perspective.

RIP Steven & Shaun.

Guest danny wath owl

rip lads

my season ticket was behind their's, the shock and sadness when went to the derby match to see a flowers and a pic on the seat...

very very sad

RIP lads

Posted Image

MARTIN`S TRIBUTE

Posted on: Fri 17 Feb 2006

Well good morning. I have just been informed of some very sad news. Two men in their mid twenties died in a car crash after watching Sheffield Wednesday at Coventry City in midweek. The men were Wednesday fans. I did not know them personally but I feel as though I knew them. I wonder if the two men clapped our team off at Hillsborough when we got that draw in The Great Escape? I wonder if these two men were part of the crowd that made such a unique night at Griffin Park in the Play Off Second Leg.

I'm sure everyone at Brentford Football Club will be saddened by this news. We all have great respect for that club and it's magnificent following, and their supporters were terrific in sponsoring my Bike Ride.

I think it's important that each and every one of us who loves supporting our team has a moment in the day to realise our lives are more important than football.

God bless these two men and their families.

Take care.

Martin

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/page/LatestNe...~784638,00.html

Edited by Mikes

RIP lads

Posted Image

MARTIN`S TRIBUTE

Well good morning. I have just been informed of some very sad news. Two men in their mid twenties died in a car crash after watching Sheffield Wednesday at Coventry City in midweek. The men were Wednesday fans. I did not know them personally but I feel as though I knew them. I wonder if the two men clapped our team off at Hillsborough when we got that draw in The Great Escape? I wonder if these two men were part of the crowd that made such a unique night at Griffin Park in the Play Off Second Leg.

I'm sure everyone at Brentford Football Club will be saddened by this news. We all have great respect for that club and it's magnificent following, and their supporters were terrific in sponsoring my Bike Ride.

I think it's important that each and every one of us who loves supporting our team has a moment in the day to realise our lives are more important than football.

Take care.

Martin

Well done Martin Allen! I never knew he done that. Went out of his way to acknowledge this despite the fact it didnt really have anything to do with his club, that man has gone up in my estimation.

However i digress, RIP to two lads who paid the a big price for supporting our boys. :sad:

That was a very very sad day for their families and close friends. They are Wednesdayites and they will always be remembered. The next visit we had at Coventry proved that point when all in the ground paid their respects including Coventry football club and their supporters. We will nor forget our loved and lost ones. UTO

Yes i was at that game, i've had a lot more time for Coventry since then, Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday before kickoff, nice touch.

RIP fellow Owls.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Well done Martin Allen! I never knew he done that. Went out of his way to acknowledge this despite the fact it didnt really have anything to do with his club, that man has gone up in my estimation.

However i digress, RIP to two lads who paid the a big price for supporting our boys. :sad:

That's why i have time for Martin Allen

RIP lads

Posted Image

MARTIN`S TRIBUTE

Take care.

Martin

I remember reading about this tragic event in the Sheffield Star, I've never seen this article by Martin Allen though, I take my hat off to Mr Allen for this tribute.

RIP Shaun and Steven.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.