USA, USA, USA

Looking solid at the back. Hoping he will start taking players on in the rampaging way that he used to!

Eh? Were you at the same game? Whilst it's good to see him back, the number of times he drifted into the centre rather than being in the RB position was alarming, as was the number of times he was skinned on the outside. BFC had worked out he was getting turned and played most stuff down that side. Good job there finishing was poo . Hope it's just down to lack of match practice

Eh? Were you at the same game? Whilst it's good to see him back, the number of times he drifted into the centre rather than being in the RB position was alarming, as was the number of times he was skinned on the outside. BFC had worked out he was getting turned and played most stuff down that side. Good job there finishing was poo . Hope it's just down to lack of match practice

Harsh.

Thought the back four defended really well today, and limited Blackpool to a handful of half chances and fully deserved the clean sheet. Certainly didn't think it was down to Blackpools poo finishing why we got it, can only remember them having one clear cut chance (header in the first half).

I agree Frankie isn't quite back to his best, but I think that will come with confidence and a run of games. He's still 10x better than Buxton at RB tho.

USA, USA, USA

Guest wednesday83

Its great to see Frankie back. Hes looked good defensively and his quality going forward is far better than anything Buxton has to offer. Its clear to see Frankies not fully match fit yet and he probably wont be until hes had a good 6 or 7 games in a row under his belt. Its also clear his confidence is drained a little, which to be fair, when managers are picking Lewis Buxton ahead of you for no other reason than the fact we have to justify his wage, your head is gunna drop.

Now Uncle Al has seen for his own eyes how much better Frankie is, and the fact that in Frankies second match back we kept a clean sheet, I think Frankie is going to do alright and show everyone just what a player we have missed.

I plead with people to give him time to get his match fitness and confidence back.

USA USA USA USA!

Guest chezzyowl

He gives the side balance and thats what you need.

As I preach many times football is about basics.

A balanced back 4 is one of the basics. (2 right peggers, 2 left peggers)

Frankie did well, does tend to drift but Soares is supposed to track back but he had a touch of the Tudders last night.

UUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAA

Frankie needs a good pre-season - I thought last night was his best game so far this season

Yep, showed some good stuff going forward. Not sure about some of his defensive work. Hope a run in the team helps with his fitness/sharpness.

Sure Frankie will improve with each game...

He is always willing to put a good stint in for us, and his effort could never be doubted...was good to see him joining in attacking plays with his overlaps although his distribution and final delivery still needs work.

As for the getting caught out of positon...? soares needed to track as there full backs were pushing on so much an actually used the width of the h'boro pitch.

AI is a man who seems to understand football. Could of quite easily of made changes in the last 10 minutes. He's taken stock of what he's got and decided its best for the team if his staring 11 should be capable of lasting 90 mins.. I like it.

U S A.

Guest owls1521

I have just 1 point to make

FRAKIE OVER BUXTON ANY DAY, HOUR, MIN, SECONED, OF THE DAY, WEEK, MONTH OR flipping YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simek looked solid last night but was hardly tested. He needs a decent run in the side to get match fit and he will get it with Buxton being injured. I doub't whether he will ever get back to his best but if he can get close to it then we have good, solid championship full back at our club which can only be good.

Edited by beef

Guest britmod_owl

I thought soares looked fairly tired and was putting a bit more pressure on frankie. Both had good games, but i thought simek and purse were working for each other really well, seemed they wanted a bit more defensive support from soares though .