Rate the players tonight

Guest ReginaldBlinker

Guest ReginaldBlinker

Grant - 6 - did what he had to ok

Simek - 7 - good hardworking defensive display

Spurr - 7 - ditto plus good going forward tonight and great cross for the first goal

Purse - 8 - a captain's performance

Beevers - 7 - back to his old self

Gray - 6 - solid but tired toward the end

JOC - 9 - MOM immense hard working performance plus good header

Potter - 8 - good goal plus kept us ticking over and worked hard

Soares - 6 - steady but quiet looked tired

Tudgay - 7 - ran his nuts off, back to his old self

Varney - 7 - also worked hard

Grant - 6 - kicking still not good enough, but had nothing to do really

Simek - 8 - looks like he is getting back to the quality right back he once was

Spurr - 8 - best game for a long, long time. Assured defensively and linked well with Gray

Purse - 8 - Totally immense. Still gives me the wobbles on the ball, but won everything today

Beevers - 9 - Won every single header and all of the 50/50 balls. Irvine really has brought the bect back out in this guy

Gray - 7 - really lively and linked well with Spurr

JOC - 9 - MOM immense hard working performance going forward and back

Potter - 7 - best he has been in a while. Still gives away too many fancy passes though

Soares - 6 - very poor first half, better in the 2nd. Still struggle to see what he offers as a right midfielder

Tudgay - 7 - still does not look a goal threat. Won a lot of headers and did a lot of running

Varney - 7 - Worked tirelessly. Missed two good chances (granted one was offside, but he didn't know) A hell of a lot of running though

Clarke - 3 - Minus 2 points for the gay neck attire. Also, struggle to see what he offered tonight

Aye, agree - and am especially delighted to see Simek back to his old self - he helps define us and our spirit. Important he's back at this crucial time.

As for Leon - sigh, what can one say?

All in all a really cohesive TEAM performance - fantastic to see such spirit for 90mins.

Very well done, AI/lads.

Bottom of table is scarily tight - that final 3rd spot seems up for grabs by one of several teams - but with AI at helm and such a team spirit, surely we will be OK. Squeaky tight but OK - and not resolved on last match of season, PLEASE!!!! ;-)

UTO!!!

Yeah top marks all round. MOM JOC.

Thought Soares looked the best I've seen him in the 2nd half, first half not so much.

Was disappointed in Clarke who I am a fan of. He needs to stop getting offside...same old problem of his rearing it's ugly head.

Guest pembo55

Grant - 6 - had nothing to do whatsoever but kicking today was very poor. But seemed to get ball out on the attack quicker than usual today.

Simek - 7/8 - good game played very well getting back to full fitness and game by game is improving. Buxton is going to struggle to get a place back thank god for USA.

Spurr - 7 - bounced back well from recent poor performance was good defensively today as well as going forward.

Purse - 8 - fantastic tonight best game yet in Wednesday shirt won every header.

Beevers - 7/8 - getting better every game back to the promise he showed.

Gray - 6/7 - been a critic of his lately however tonight played very well still feel he needs to be giving more of a rest. And give ee a chance to show what he can do and earn a new contract.

JOC - 9 - MOM immense again as I have said before player of the season bulldog in midfield.

Potter - 7/8 - improved tonight put himself about won more tackles today and the goal may hopefully lead to more shots and more goals.

Soares - 7 - tired needs a rest but showed what he can do a fully fit soares would be an amazing player for us.

Tudgay - 6/8 - looked tonight bit jaded not all there but did run about making himself a nuisance hope he improves.

Varney - 8 - worked very hard tonight a very important player for us run and runs and creates opportunities. Big fan of his and so hope he signs full time.

Guest wednesday83

Grant 7 - Little to do, but did what he had to well enough.

Simek 7 - Looks solid and good going forward, will get better as his fitness improves.

Spurr 8 - Looked really confident tonight and solid. Delightful cross for the first goal.

PURSE 9 - Absolute rock. Pure quality. Captains performance. Man of match.

Beevers 9 - Pretty much faultless.

Soares 5 - looked knackered, lacked energy and pace. Hes just not a right winger.

Potter 7 - Flashes of pure quality but just faded at times tonight. Overall did well.

JOC 9 - Just pipped to the MOM by Purse. Never stops running. Just awsome.

Gray 6 - Needs a rest. Works hard but just has not got legs to play week in week out.

Tudgay 7 - Worked non stop, shame did not get a goal.

Varney 7 - Worked non stop, shame did not get a goal.

Guest oliver666

Tudgay 7? WTF? He did sod all last night except close the goal down when their defenders kicked the ball to him and the goalie was always going to win those battles.

Tudders was poor last night and I can't understand those giving him a reasonable score. I liked how he kept flapping his arms about to put the keeper and defenders off though. Purse mom closely followed by O Connor and one or two others

Tudders was poor last night and I can't understand those giving him a reasonable score. I liked how he kept flapping his arms about to put the keeper and defenders off though. Purse mom closely followed by O Connor and one or two others

I agree, Purse and O'Connor were top men last night. Never thought I'd hear myself say that.

Grant 6 - still dodgy with his communcational skills and don't think he's loud enough when coming to claim the ball

Simek 7 - solid. still not back to his best and a bit off the pace but getting there

Purse 9 (MOM) - absolutely rock solid at the back. won everything in the air and on the deck. true captains performance and just the type of purse we wanted when we signed him. had dudley in his pocket

Beevers 7 -Another solid performance tonight from the boy beevers. won most things in the air. however he needs to stop lumping the ball up front. it was either a pass back to Grant or along punt up front. where are the days when he tried bringing the ball out of defence??

Spurr 7 - much better this week then he has been

Soares 6 - not the best of games for Soares on the right. I still think he would be more effective if deployed in the middle. Seemed to drift in and out of the game a lot

Potter 8 - best game DP’s had for a long long time. excellently taken goal for our second. Played some nice forward passes too and had some shots as well!!!

JOC 9 - Exceptional from the wii irish man. hussled and harried all game. playing simple nice short passes rather then trying to play the Hollywood ball which is working much better for him. Constantly chasing the ball down and tackling. Brilliant

Gray 5 - Thought he was the worst player on the pitch. Looks absolutely knackered when trying to play the ball. Ran about and jostled but just looks shattered. Poor old man

Tudgay 6 - another simply average performance from tudgay .. was outbeaten for pace and I thought to myself .. he must have more pace then that surely … lost out on quite a few headers too

Varney 7 - willing runner for the team and puts a shift in every team .. thought he would grab a goal tonight and unlucky not to with the offside header

Good match last night

Grant - 7 - Didn't have much to do, couple of worrying spills - overall fine

Simek - 8 - Good to have him back in the team, came forward with purpose - defended well

Purse - 9 - Best I've seen him, quality performance

Beevers 8 - did everything asked of him

Spurr - 7 - Hmm, seemed out of his depth today, when he came forward it was clear he didn't have a clue what to do, poorest Wednesday player on the pitch last night

Gray - 7 - Worked hard, looked knackered at the end - Average shift

Potter - 8 - worked well, linked well, nicely taken goal and bit of showboating at the end

JOC - 9 - It's been said before but a wonderful battling performance and a goal, nice one

Soars - 8 - Excellent, showed class, linked play well and looked a threat, nice and physical

Tudgay - 7 - Did ok, ran a lot but offered little, distinctly average

Varney - 9 - Worked his socks of, made great runs, held up play well, troubled defenders, but how he missed that header.........

Clarke - 5 Useless, gets some marks for entertainment when the ball hit him in the face and he looked really bewildered.

Overall, excellent championship level performance from the boys

UTO!