Irvine's Decisions

Guest Airborne

Guest Airborne

A Quick prise for his lack of substitutions during a game.

Makes the odd change up front normally only the one per game like tonight Clarke for Varney, Laws era god take your pick.

Well-done another positive!

Edited by Airborne

The only thing I would have done differently is to bring Tudgay off instead of Varney.

Varney was tiring though as he had done a hell of a lot more running than Tudgay

And don't forget Marcus is the golden boy

PS: What did Clarke contribute when he came on expcept for a few offsides and a gay neck scarf ?

Irvine screamed at his 3 or 4 times as he was not up with play and was not chasing down loose balls or harrying defenders

Guest thetruthisoutthere

I was surprised he left Tudgay on, the poor lad had worked his socks off and was looking totally knackered.

My thoughts exactly i thought both Tudders and Varney had run thier blood to water YET AGAIN

PS: What did Clarke contribute when he came on expcept for a few offsides and a gay neck scarf ?

He pretty much went like for like with Varney.

Lots of running in behind (if not more so than Varney), just unfortunately lots more offsides and no where near as good defensively for closing down/harassing their back line/midfield.

I have to say he was unlucky with most of the offsides though, the vast majority were borderline and I'm certain at least two of the decisions were wrong. I do remember one particular occasion that was totally Spurr's fault for him being offside too, he had so much time to play Clarke in on one occasion yet delayed it right until the last possible moment at which point Clarke had apparently gone offside (although it still looked on to me).

That was when Spurr was on the edge of the penalty area and Clarke had loads of room about 12 yards out for an easy pass if he'd received it in time.

While I'm far from Clarke's biggest fan he does get too much stick at times. He could have had 3 or 4 1-on-1s with a combination of a bit more patience with his runs and some better/quicker passing from the rest of the team.

Well we won the game comfortably and kept a clean sheet, so I'm glad whatever Irvine chose to do worked out for us. Perhaps we would have won 4-0 if someone like Esajas came on for Gray, but there's no point in us saying we should have done anything different when we won the game quite easily in the end with the players Irvine picked.

I was surprised he left Tudgay on, the poor lad had worked his socks off and was looking totally knackered.

I thought that too, he worked hard but was not effective at all. That said Clarke didn't look bothered at all and was just jogging around the pitch. PMSL when the ball hit him and he was looking around for it.

Guest intercity0wl

gray needs a rest i think esajas should play against donny. I'd leave clarke on the bench..

Really cannot understand this thing about playing EE, has the ability no doubt, but brings nothing to the team whatsoever except at free kicks, and I guess by AI being the second manager not to select him in the starting eleven sort of proves it.

Dont think he will be offered a new contract in the summer and will either disapear back to a DUtch side or a lower league team over here like a certain Mr Wade Small

Think I might have brought Soares off for Esajas, or if he wanted to keep it defensive down the flanks then McAllister.

Soares looked f*cked, lack of pace is annoying too. Really wish JJ had been fit tonight, could have been a couple more goals.

Yeah - was hoping to see Esajas on for Soares (who is NOT a winger). I think we could have got more with him on.

Leon has been poor in the last 2 games he's come on.

Guest oliver666

Just didn't see that with Tudgay (see the thread I started on him).

I must be missing something.

I agree. I thought Tudders had one of his poorer games. Alright he does shout, tries to organise but he looked a good yard short of pace. Maybe the games are catching up with him. He was more prominent defensively last night and I thought Varney was still full of running. Soares appears to have hit a certain level and isn't in the game as much as he should be. Purse was awesome and the best performance for the whole back 4 for some time. Simek has brought stability IMO. Not a classic game but so what, the 3 points will be remembered, not how we got them. Keep it up Wednesday, bring on Donny.