Darren Potter

Guest owls_4_life

The other thread on here today or yesterday rallying the midfielders to score/attack/shoot more must have worked! If he does the same again next time I'll eat the words I've said about him in the past

Took his goal well and showed skill when going forward.

I still think he is superfluous as the game seems to pass him by. Purse and Beevers were pumping balls forward more than Potter, some as a result of Potters trademark turn and pass.

The ethic of O'Connor and Varney will be of much more use than a player like Potter - unless he pushes up and attempts to influence the game on the floor he will be out injured by craning his neck for 90 minutes looking at another ball being floated over from the centre backs.

he is one of those players that when he is on it and everything comes off for him i.e. his fancy dan flicks and extravagent (sic) passes he looks good, but he does not influence the game enough and rarely makes forward forrays / advances where he slices open a defence

Was good tonight though and was very calm on the ball for the majority

Guest sussxowl74

Thought he was poor in the first half, but second half was excellent. Same as the team performance. Strange that...

im more than happy to eat humble pie from wot i said and thought about the appointment of father ted. the teqm was at a bramall lane stage, lowest of the low and he picked us up. not seen any action fron the game tonight but will watch tomorrow. WTID!!!!