VERY VERY effective tonight

Blackpool had ONE shot on goal in this match.

We are VERY compact, playing to banks of four, stopping teams playing.

It was almost the mirror image of us vs preston.

Blackpool having Loads of possesion not really doing a lot, having loads of 'half' chances but they could come away thinking they played well.

We were organised, effective, knew our jobs, and were clinical infront of goal.

I'll take this and more please.

Blackpool will go away saying they played well, were unlucky to loose an could have had a point.

At times we passed the ball well into the RIGHT areas, not keeping possesion for possesions sake either.

Bring on six more points and the playoffs !

19,000 VERY good crowd !

Guest thetruthisoutthere

:biggrin: They should have scored that header in fairness. Otherwise I agree it was a very solid performance. The team shape was great and we look really well organised. It was a weak Blackpool team but we never allowed them to get into the game.

Another good performance from Potter too which is pleasing, and both the full backs had good games. The only player out of the XI you could complain about was Tudgay. AGAIN.

Garbage m8........ not a chance........... Tudders ran his nuts off as did varney

The only player anyone could complain about in my opinion was Leon when he came on, who was slow, lacsadasical and looked like he was half in the land of nod

2 banks of 4, clear your lines and hit the channels. It's working, i'll give Irvine full credit for that. It's noticeable that other than the odd occasion neither Spurr or Simek get forward.

Wednesday are really beginning to remind me of Preston, who i've watched a fair bit. Organised, effective to a point but a little bit boring/dour. That in no way is meant as a criticism, because points at the minute are the main thing.

We are missing Johnson though, who gives us that something a little bit different, and is an outlet ball, for a midfield who havn't got the legs to get up and down.

I was saying this when we started on our disastrous run .

The fullbacks were bombing forward at every opportunity and leaving holes everywhere .

It was a shambles really .

Garbage m8........ not a chance........... Tudders ran his nuts off as did varney

The only player anyone could complain about in my opinion was Leon when he came on, who was slow, lacsadasical and looked like he was half in the land of nod

Disagree. Lethargic performance and he contributed little. I take my previous comment back. Gray didn't have a good game either.

Blackpool had ONE shot on goal in this match.

We are VERY compact, playing to banks of four, stopping teams playing.

It was almost the mirror image of us vs preston.

Blackpool having Loads of possesion not really doing a lot, having loads of 'half' chances but they could come away thinking they played well.

We were organised, effective, knew our jobs, and were clinical infront of goal.

I'll take this and more please.

Blackpool will go away saying they played well, were unlucky to loose an could have had a point.

At times we passed the ball well into the RIGHT areas, not keeping possesion for possesions sake either.

Bring on six more points and the playoffs !

19,000 VERY good crowd !

Although I agree with the sentiments of your post, I seem to remember Lonergan making several brilliant saves against us, and us hitting the woodwork a few times (including Johnsons double in 5 seconds :laugh: )

But yes, on the whole I agree, we wouldn't have got that result tonight under Laws because their gung ho attacking style (fullbacks camping on the edge of our 18 yard box) would have outdone us.

Alan Irvine, tactical genious.