VERY VERY effective tonight

Blackpool had ONE shot on goal in this match.

We are VERY compact, playing to banks of four, stopping teams playing.

It was almost the mirror image of us vs preston.

Blackpool having Loads of possesion not really doing a lot, having loads of 'half' chances but they could come away thinking they played well.

We were organised, effective, knew our jobs, and were clinical infront of goal.

I'll take this and more please.

Blackpool will go away saying they played well, were unlucky to loose an could have had a point.

At times we passed the ball well into the RIGHT areas, not keeping possesion for possesions sake either.

Bring on six more points and the playoffs !

19,000 VERY good crowd !

Guest owls_4_life

Passing particularly in the second half really impressed me especially simek passing out of defence and dare I say it even purse managed to pass to a teammate at times!

Guest owls_4_life

Well done lads!

Sorry couldn't be there tonight.

Decent crowd too!

See you on saturday!

UTO

We're not playing on Saturday as I learned earlier!

:biggrin: They should have scored that header in fairness. Otherwise I agree it was a very solid performance. The team shape was great and we look really well organised. It was a weak Blackpool team but we never allowed them to get into the game.

Another good performance from Potter too which is pleasing, and both the full backs had good games. The only player out of the XI you could complain about was Tudgay. AGAIN.

I actually though we were awful first half. Poor on the ball and too deep. Fortunately they had most of their side missing.

Second half we were much better, more of a unit, played higher up the pitch and kept the ball far better. Credit to Irvine as you could tell he wasnt happy at half time.

The difference between Laws and Irvine's team is when we dont have the ball, we have a solid shape, work hard to win the ball back and make it hard for teams to break us down.

It really is amazing what a difference there actually is...and also very scary to think where we may have been had laws still been in charge

AI knows exactly what he wants and he seems to have communicated this to the players, we are no longer in a honeymoon period this is effective winning football and I much prefer this to Brians open attacking getting beat every week stuff

Keep it up boys we're not safe yet....

2 banks of 4, clear your lines and hit the channels. It's working, i'll give Irvine full credit for that. It's noticeable that other than the odd occasion neither Spurr or Simek get forward.

Wednesday are really beginning to remind me of Preston, who i've watched a fair bit. Organised, effective to a point but a little bit boring/dour. That in no way is meant as a criticism, because points at the minute are the main thing.

We are missing Johnson though, who gives us that something a little bit different, and is an outlet ball, for a midfield who havn't got the legs to get up and down.

Guest East_Dene_Owl

The difference between Laws and Irvine's team is when we dont have the ball, we have a solid shape, work hard to win the ball back and make it hard for teams to break us down.

My thoughts too, we're a lot less cavalier now and you can almost see the players thinking all the time on there defensive duty's. :cool:

Many of the form tables are still out of date, but I believe we are top of the form table based on the last 6 games :biggrin:

5 wins out of 7 is quite something considering where we were.

It's also poo poo scary thinking about where we might be now without the 15 points we've recently won under AI

The back four were so solid tonight. Apart from the DJ Campbell header first half which was great play by Blackpool we hardly looked stretched at all.

Midfield grafted well too with Potter and O'Connor showing plenty of battle. Potter tried to play when possible and grew in confidence after his goal.

Guessing Tudgay may get moaned at again. For me the last 15 mins he showed some really desire chasing absolutley everything down when he was clearly knackered. Not his best performance but you cannot knock his workrate in the 2nd half.

All in all a good night. When you see them playing for the shirt you can forgive the lack of quality at times, wins are whats needed.

I actually though we were awful first half. Poor on the ball and too deep. Fortunately they had most of their side missing.

Second half we were much better, more of a unit, played higher up the pitch and kept the ball far better. Credit to Irvine as you could tell he wasnt happy at half time.

good post, we were far better second half.Irvine spots the problem and addres,s it

15 points from 21, and we're still only 2 points above he drop zone, having played a game more than our rivals.

I know other teams like Reading, Scunny and Ipswich have picked up recently too, but crikey, just goes to show what a horrible mess we were in.

I stand by my comments when AI took over - if he keeps us up he's an absolute Wednesday legend.

15 points from 21, and we're still only 2 points above he drop zone, having played a game more than our rivals.

I know other teams like Reading, Scunny and Ipswich have picked up recently too, but crikey, just goes to show what a horrible mess we were in.

I stand by my comments when AI took over - if he keeps us up he's an absolute Wednesday legend.

I know, surely some more teams must fall by the wayside soon enough?

Shows we got a manager in just in time as had we not picked up the points early we'd be in Peterboroughs sorry position now.

Another organised display.

I thought we played with alot more purpose going forward at times in the second half, the lead up to Potters goal was very good.

Just a pity I missed the first five minutes, it's typical isn't it, when you're late getting there we get an early goal.

Blackpool had ONE shot on goal in this match.

We are VERY compact, playing to banks of four, stopping teams playing.

It was almost the mirror image of us vs preston.

Blackpool having Loads of possesion not really doing a lot, having loads of 'half' chances but they could come away thinking they played well.

We were organised, effective, knew our jobs, and were clinical infront of goal.

I'll take this and more please.

Blackpool will go away saying they played well, were unlucky to loose an could have had a point.

At times we passed the ball well into the RIGHT areas, not keeping possesion for possesions sake either.

Bring on six more points and the playoffs !

19,000 VERY good crowd !

You mean one shot on target. They had a couple of shots in the first half and three in the second.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.