Leon Marvin Clarke's kneck warmer.

Keith Weller, Leicester City, I think. Early 1980s.

BOT, Perhaps Leon had a love bite he was trying hide and did not want the same attention John Terry has recieved from the Press.

Bit earlier....signed for Leicester in 1971 !!!!

Bloody hell - THAT long since!!

We must be getting old.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/o...ticle391288.ece

Guest bradwell.owl

If a player is wearing gloves then he/shew ill be warmer. If the extremities are warm then the blood can be used more efficiently by the muscles.

Warming up and being warm (temperature) are different. Surely you remember when as a lad playing footie with freezing feet - feeling like you had feet about size 20? If you keep other body parts (temperature) warm then this goes a long way to alleviating this problem.

Guest intercity0wl

If a player is wearing gloves then he/shew ill be warmer. If the extremities are warm then the blood can be used more efficiently by the muscles.

Warming up and being warm (temperature) are different. Surely you remember when as a lad playing footie with freezing feet - feeling like you had feet about size 20? If you keep other body parts (temperature) warm then this goes a long way to alleviating this problem.

Were you part of the hugely succesful Medical team under BL.

Guest oliver666

I couldn't give two sh*ts if one of our lads ran out wearing a gimp suit and clown shoes to be honest...

What attire he chooses to wear has absolutely nothing to do with his ability as a footballer (apart from possibly the clown shoes).

Thats all what was missing from Clarke.

I have a feeling Clarke will have got a b0ll0cking after the game. Irvine was going mental at him. Did anyone see AI screaming at him and Leon just turned his back. AI went bananas, shared his frustrations with the coaching staff then wrote in his book! Then when Clarke came off for treatment AI wouldn't even look at him! Class!

Really don't see the problem myself.

If players start wearing items that either hamper their own performance or endanger their fellow players, by all means stop them.

But if what they wear has absolutely no impact on how they play out on the pitch, does it matter if they're wearing gloves because their hands are actually cold or if they're doing it to 'look fashionable'?

Gloves are a different matter and you can make a case for them in cold weather - but it's all opinions.

I prefer the players to go out and concentrate on the game - not worry about how they look and what they're wearing.

I also think it sullies the kit and i hate that - i hated those pathetic cycling shorts which became all the rage - now hardly anybody wears them - the latest is under-armour - what the **** is that all about?

Guest chaferswfc90

I want one.

Must have been getting way of his eye sight though. On 15mins, caught offside 1543 times. ***.

Great kneck warmer though!

:laugh:

He did absolutely nothing last night, he looked like he'd been out on the sauce the night before. There was one ball played through to him on the left and he set off 5 seconds after the ball went past, waving his arms in the air as if to say 'oh, that was for me'

Useless. He's had his chances. What state are we in on the playing side if having a FIT player is enough to warrant a position?!

Guest gringo69

If you are gonna wear summat like that...for the sake of ****..don't kick the ball into yer own face then spin round 3 times lookin' for the fvcker...i absolutely p*ssed missen!

Me too !

But was he looking for the ball or what had just hit him in the face, which we all knew WAS the ball, but t'owd Leon looked like he wasn't sure.

Reminded me of a dog chasing its tail.

Somebody behind me shouted "Leon, its a ball, youre playing football for Wednesday, we're at home and you're kicking towards the Kop" :laugh: