SWFC Birthday Invite

They should only send emails to the people they can fit in, otherwise people who don't check emails regularly will never get a chance and only be disappointed.

I agree, It is a great idea!! but if they cannot run it correctly they shouldn’t run it at all.

They should only send emails to the people they can fit in, otherwise people who don't check emails regularly will never get a chance and only be disappointed.

The problem with this is there are lots of people who don't reply to the invites or can't make it to the event and we don't know how many guests people will ask to bring.

We invite everyone with a birthday in the selected time period, opted in, with a valid email address. It is then operated on a first come first served basis.

The process would become much more drawn out if we sent invites to a limited number of people, then a few more, and a few more based on how many responses we get back.

The Birthday Bar was introduced as a bonus for Season Ticket holders to reward their loyalty and to help increase email interaction between the club and fans. Unfortunately, there isn't too much we can do if people either don't have email addresses registered or don't check them that often.

The event is becoming more and more popular so if you get an invite then I'd advise replying as soon as possible so you stand the best chance of getting in. We can only invite a certain number of fans due to space restrictions, so although we'd like to let plenty more come, we have to say no when we hit the limit.

The problem with this is there are lots of people who don't reply to the invites or can't make it to the event and we don't know how many guests people will ask to bring.

We invite everyone with a birthday in the selected time period, opted in, with a valid email address. It is then operated on a first come first served basis.

The process would become much more drawn out if we sent invites to a limited number of people, then a few more, and a few more based on how many responses we get back.

The Birthday Bar was introduced as a bonus for Season Ticket holders to reward their loyalty and to help increase email interaction between the club and fans. Unfortunately, there isn't too much we can do if people either don't have email addresses registered or don't check them that often.

The event is becoming more and more popular so if you get an invite then I'd advise replying as soon as possible so you stand the best chance of getting in. We can only invite a certain number of fans due to space restrictions, so although we'd like to let plenty more come, we have to say no when we hit the limit.

I agree to all of that but in my opinon you should send an email out when you know its full!!

You could have sent an email out 30 mins after the original invite email to let everyone know its full and not to bother! Sorted!

Chris

My wife just checked and she replied 11 mnutes ater receiving the email and still didnt get a place :ohmy:

you need to address this or you are just gonna p1ss people off.

As 'lad' says, if nothing else it needs an email to say it is full and the club need to keep people informed better if they have a place.

Chris

My wife just checked and she replied 11 mnutes ater receiving the email and still didnt get a place :ohmy:

you need to address this or you are just gonna p1ss people off.

As 'lad' says, if nothing else it needs an email to say it is full and the club need to keep people informed better if they have a place.

I've just dropped you a PM re: your wife's invite.

We'll look into sending an email when the event is full to let people know - the Birthday Bar is a fairly new event and we will always look to improve the experience.

Chris

Guest Sheff Owl

Are you opted in to emails from the club? Do you have a valid, up to date email address listed?

If the answer to both of these is yes then you should have got an invite.

If the answer is no, then that explains it :)

Chris

Is this the email address that was wrote on the application form for Season Ticket's?

Is this the email address that was wrote on the application form for Season Ticket's?

It should be. If you PM me your client ID then I can take a look at your account.

Chris

I've just dropped you a PM re: your wife's invite.

We'll look into sending an email when the event is full to let people know - the Birthday Bar is a fairly new event and we will always look to improve the experience.

Chris

Thanks Chris. She only wants to go so she can see Micky Gray in his pants :biggrin:

think the email would be useful and would prevent threads like these!

I didn't get anything in October 2009 - my e-mail is on the club's records and I am opted in.

The first game for the Birthday Bar was Preston North End at the end of October. You may have just missed the boat unfortunately.

Keep your eyes peeled next season :)

Chris

Edited by Chris C

QUOTE (shez owl @ Mar 2 2010, 10:02 AM)

My Dad had an invite for Saturday, but only replied yesterday when I asked if he had had an email (Birthday on Fri and not that IT literate so doesnt check email much) so not expecting to get a place.

I replied after 25 mins of the email and no luck!!!

Sorry he has got no chance!!!

True, email received, full!

He's quite disappointed, been a ST holder for virtually 50 years. Gets a free one season after next though!

I agree to all of that but in my opinon you should send an email out when you know its full!!

You could have sent an email out 30 mins after the original invite email to let everyone know its full and not to bother! Sorted!

So when the club sends out the invites, someone should be sat at a computer, all the time replies are coming in, and as soon as it reaches the cut off point, instantly send an e-mail to everyone who was invited, who maybe hasn`t even read the invitation, saying "tough poo poo you`re too late".

That wouldn`t wee wee fans off, would it?

I honestly don`t know why the club bother. They are trying to give something back to the season ticket holders, the same ones who moan about every flippinginitiative the club comes up with to fill the stadium.

THEY CANT FIT EVERYBODY IN for the birthday treat for fooks sake.

Anyone would think the invite was going to NON season ticket holders.

Would some of you whining wobblers occasionally give the club some credit. :angry:

So when the club sends out the invites, someone should be sat at a computer, all the time replies are coming in, and as soon as it reaches the cut off point, instantly send an e-mail to everyone who was invited, who maybe hasn`t even read the invitation, saying "tough poo poo you`re too late".

I honestly don`t know why the club bother. They are trying to give something back to the season ticket holders, the same ones who moan about every flippinginitiative the club comes up with to fill the stadium.

Would some of you whining wobblers occasionally give the club some credit. :angry:

A tad harsh maybe?

Why do kids use this site?? go away and do some studying!!