Sign in to follow this  
GrassRootsOwls

Team for forest

No matter what team we play i think a draw would be a great reult, but i think AI will bring on Clarke for some reason

And rightfully so, I think we'll need a strong Clarke up front who can handle long passes to him and control the ball and have possession so that we can push the lines forward. I'm not expecting much of a result at Forest really, but that said, they did lose to Derby and anyone can beat anyone in the Championship so there's 90 minutes to prove we can do it. A draw would be massive, a win would be fantastic, and a loss is to be expected.

it will be the same team as last week but with Simek in at RB.

unless anyone picks up an injury in the next 24hours

Probably the same side apart from Buxton, but how about this.

....................Grant....................

.Simek..Hinds..Purse..Beevers..Spurr.

......Soares..OConner..Potter........

............Tudgay....Varney.........

i would like to get in there half at some time ........

And rightfully so, I think we'll need a strong Clarke up front who can handle long passes to him and control the ball and have possession so that we can push the lines forward. I'm not expecting much of a result at Forest really, but that said, they did lose to Derby and anyone can beat anyone in the Championship so there's 90 minutes to prove we can do it. A draw would be massive, a win would be fantastic, and a loss is to be expected.

Exactly. We need to keep the ball upfield to prevent forest attacking at will.

And Clarke is our best striker in terms of controlling the ball in tight positions and keeping possession.

Probably the same side apart from Buxton, but how about this.

....................Grant....................

.Simek..Hinds..Purse..Beevers..Spurr.

......Soares..OConner..Potter........

............Tudgay....Varney.........

Is that because we're comfortbale with the 5-3-2 formation having played it all season?

Exactly. We need to keep the ball upfield to prevent forest attacking at will.

And Clarke is our best striker in terms of controlling the ball in tight positions and keeping possession.

Fight the bruiser team with bruisers. :biggrin:

Is that because we're comfortbale with the 5-3-2 formation having played it all season?

Your correct mate but the extra defender might be handy!

Agree with other comments regarding Clarke the best form of defence is attack. AI will stick with Tudgay & Varney then have the option of Clarke in the second half.

I'm just concerned about Gray to be honest that's why I swapped him for Hinds, it's going to an entertaining game hopefully and Gray might struggle? (Clarke for Gray if this happens)

--------------Grant

Simek--Purse--Beevers--Spurr

----Soares--Potter--O'Connor

Tudgay-------------------Varney

-------------Clarke

Your correct mate but the extra defender might be handy!

Agree with other comments regarding Clarke the best form of defence is attack. AI will stick with Tudgay & Varney then have the option of Clarke in the second half.

I'm just concerned about Gray to be honest that's why I swapped him for Hinds, it's going to an entertaining game hopefully and Gray might struggle? (Clarke for Gray if this happens)

Even IF we were comfortable with this sytem Simek and Spurr are nowhere near good enouggh going forward to play as wing backs - Gray would need to play on the left of the 5 and I don't even think we've got a player who could do the job on the right.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

Fight the bruiser team with bruisers. :biggrin:

Exactly

Team that hits harder will go away with this game.