Another brilliant gesture

jesus typical Wednesday fans have to take something someone says twist it and go completely OTT :rolleyes:

You mean, sort of like saying:

5k is probably equivelent to 5p to us

No, that's got going completely over the top at all, is it?

It was a pretty horrible thing so say about someone giving so much to charity, but I assume you realise that now.

Guest Ripley Owl

Wasn't this brought up a while back? I'm sure I've read about this all before. Still a fantastic gesture non the less.

Even if it was its worth more than one mention ! :biggrin:

Guest Ripley Owl

You mean, sort of like saying:

No, that's got going completely over the top at all, is it?

It was a pretty horrible thing so say about someone giving so much to charity, but I assume you realise that now.

Agree 100% Dan ! Edited by Ripley Owl

Guest Distraught!

Mind you, it doesn't say what law firm she was previously a partner of!

There wouldn't be a hint of guilt complex in this brilliant gesture, would there? :ph34r:

Its great news but if we are being serious £5k will be nothing to her if she was a partner in a Law firm to be honest but all the same its nice gesture.

So what figure would you think was apropriate ?

I said it was a "great gesture" and what I meant was she is probably on a salary we could only dream to be on there for 5k is probably equivelent to 5p to us. jesus typical Wednesday fans have to take something someone says twist it and go completely OTT :rolleyes: I will say it again "Its a great gesture".

Nobody is twisting anything apart from you changing from nice to Great gesture .

Mind you, it doesn't say what law firm she was previously a partner of!

There wouldn't be a hint of guilt complex in this brilliant gesture, would there? :ph34r:

Teresa Brown, from Cambridge, was given the unfortunate news that she was being made redundant from the company where she worked earlier this year.

Previously a partner in a law firm, Teresa donated £5,012.50 of her severance package to The Children’s Hospital Charity after securing a new job.

flip me anyone else want a pop .

Guest Distraught!

Teresa Brown, from Cambridge, was given the unfortunate news that she was being made redundant from the company where she worked earlier this year.

Previously a partner in a law firm, Teresa donated £5,012.50 of her severance package to The Children’s Hospital Charity after securing a new job.

flip me anyone else want a pop .

Don't get so wound up about it!

Only an 'off the cuff' remark, after all lawyers aren't exactly the most Owlstalk friendly people, are they!

Well done Ms. Brown of Cambridge, wish you all the best for the future!

I would just like to say aswell as everyone is going so OTT with what I said I actually vollunteered for 10 yrs for the charity when there was a shop in the hospital before they turned that into a office!!.

that's great news but if we are being serious 10 years will be nothing to a timelord to be honest but all the same its nice gesture.