Sign in to follow this  
Rumble Fish

It saddens me

It saddens me to think that there is now a generation of top class footballers who have never played at Hillsborough. The current prem players under 24yrs olds won't have Hillsborough on the list of grounds visited. A whole generation of England players could play and retire without visiting us, that doesn't seem right to me.

For a few years after we were relegated I least I could remember seeing Bergkamp, Cantona or Giggs playing on our pitch.

Now I am hard pressed to remember the names of 4 or 5 of the opposing teams players.

I guess watching L**ds on real tellie is getting to me, and bringing back memories of better times.........

Peace Out.

Seriously, what are sky going to show for the newer "The Premiership Years", the current ones are full of goals at S6

for the opposition :ohmy: Gerrard, Scholes, Shearer just some of the greats to smack goals in against us, whole generation of England players who havent had that chance

Its a load of shuffle but in the 70's I doubt many world class players graced Hillsborough.

So there is always hope/blind optimism.

I'd just settle for not having to endure being patronised when telling people support or people knowing what division we are in.

C8nt

it would be great to see some of the modern day 'stars' play at Hillsborough, but it would only be satisfactory if we were able to at least match the teams who play us.

i know the 8-0 drubbing at Newcastle in 2001/2 was at St.James' Park, but the last thing any of us want to see is our club being pulled apart single handedly by one of these stars. Alan Shearer pulling our legs off in the way that a horrible maniacal schoolboy pulls legs off of a spider is something which will forever be burned into my conscious (unfortunate enough to be at that game. it was a birthday present!!!)

Edited by Spitting Feathers

it would be great to see some of the modern day 'stars' play at Hillsborough, but it would only be satisfactory if we were able to at least match the teams who play us.

i know the 8-0 drubbing at Newcastle in 2001/2 was at St.James' Park, but the last thing any of us want to see is our club being pulled apart single handedly by one of these stars. Alan Shearer pulling our legs off in the way that a horrible maniacal schoolboy pulls legs off of a spider is something which will forever be burned into my conscious (unfortunate enough to be at that game. it was a birthday present!!!)

You are 2 years older than you thought matey. it was 1999

or even a good cup run would do !!!

Get a decent Prem team like at Leeds tonight

sorry, my bad. i thought we had at least another season after 98/99 before we pissed it all away. after, it is one that i try to forget but have great difficulty doing! :laugh:

aye atleast we won the world cup bid to host it at hillsborough then we shall get some players back :D

Agree

We would do if teams like Wrexham and Port Vale didn't keep constantly knocking us out of them. :angry:

Edited by CampbellOwl-36