PNE: Fergie v Irvine

Looks like last nights chuffing from the Dingles has kicked it off. So glad we're not having this debate about Laws.

Makes for an interesting read - opinion seems quite split at the moment but it certainly hasn't been a very long honeymoon for Fergie Jr!

Early days I know, but I'd definitely take AI over BL and DF at the moment.

PNE forum

Looks like last nights chuffing from the Dingles has kicked it off. So glad we're not having this debate about Laws.

Makes for an interesting read - opinion seems quite split at the moment but it certainly hasn't been a very long honeymoon for Fergie Jr!

PNE forum

Looks like their fans are just as thick as ours

Guest owls_4_life

Now that one's done n dusted let's have an opposition debate, who's Burnleys last 4 games been against?

But who were Laws' games against for the other 16!

Now that one's done n dusted let's have an opposition debate, who's Burnleys last 4 games been against?

No-one in their right mind will hold their results against Man Utd and Chelsea against him but the results against Reading and Bolton were wee wee-poor.

PNE forum

Fergie Jnr is always going to have that stench of nepotism about him. I'm glad we went for Irvine, and as results show we made the right decision.

Before Irvine came here I thought he was one of the best managers in the league, great coach and well respected bloke...doesnt shout his mouth off and seems like a good man manager.

I dont think we couldve done much better and IMO could potentially be one of our best managers in the clubs history. Laws kept us ticking over during a dark time off the pitch and hopefully built a platform for someone like Irvine.

Ferguson was a reasonably attractive prospect but I think he seems to believe his own hype at times, seeming a little smug. Im sure he'll do ok at PNE but ive heard more positive things about Irvine.

Interesting quote on there:

"I do not blame Ferguson for the fact that Brown, Carter, Chaplow, Mellor, Jones, Hart and Collins can't trap a football. Who signed the majority of those players...?"

To be fair the likes of Chaplow, Brown, Mellor and Carter are decent Championship players and I dont know who they expect to be attracting given their resources? Id take Wayne Brown and Chaplow here.

But I think we have seen already from Soares being placed on the wing that he likes solid hard working players on the whole that allow the team shape to remain solid, rather than the likes of EE on the wing and prefers to use JJ up front rather than out wide. It may not always be pleasing on the eye but some good sides at this level know their limitations and grind their way up the table. Id take that too!