Akpo Injured after 71 mins

If its officially a loan they can send him back i'd guess or do they now own him effectively? Didn't really think about it at the time

You cant have recalls on long term loans apart from in the windows, basically a half season loan runs from August to Jan and a season long loan runs from August to May (with the option to terminate in Jan like what Spurs have done with the United player)

24 hours recalls are only on the shorter month to month loans so he cant come back.

Edited by mark77

If we did have him back , wonder what'd happen if they paid a loan fee hopefully all done at their risk.

Feel sorry for Akpo as he might miss out on a contract in the summer with them if its serious and wonder who'd take a risk on him elsewhere considering times are hard. Sodje and Jeffers could both be fighting to stay in football altogether.

Guest Sheff Owl

Sheffield Wednesday would like to thank Sodje for his services and wish him well for the future.

So by the sound of that i dont think he will be back.

You cant have recalls on long term loans apart from in the windows, basically a half season loan runs from August to Jan and a season long loan runs from August to May (with the option to terminate in Jan like what Spurs have done with the United player)

24 hours recalls are only on the shorter month to month loans so he cant come back.

If there is a mechanism by which they can send him back to us (though i suspect there isn't) - then we will have to continue to pay him

eh ?

He got took off after 72 minutes as he was knackered.

Match report said the hard running Sodje was replaced with a fresh pair of legs

He also hit the post in the match

Where has this injury bit come from ? Or have people made it up ?

Guest Handsworth_Owl

Couldnt care less what happens to him, i dont see why people bum him so much. What exactly has the man done for the club since his first season with us?

He's done nothing in years. glad to see the back of him, he's charltons problem now!!

eh ?

he also gained a penalty which Deon converted.

eh ?

Yes when I'm playing and I'm knackered after 71 minutes, I too roll around on the floor In agony waving the physio on.

Edited by Saxondale

Yes when I'm playing and I'm knackered after 71 minutes, I too roll around on the floor n agony waving the physio on.

what like that big tw@ that did a flying handball / head- but assault on Grant -Saturday ?

Rolled from side to side whilst his physio reattached his head, then trotted off when he saw a yellow instead of red :biggrin:

what like that big tw@ that did a flying handball / head- but assault on Grant -Saturday ?

Rolled from side to side whilst his physio reattached his head, then trotted off when he saw a yellow instead of red :biggrin:

Hadn't seen that until I watched Late Kick Off, well funny!