Akpo Injured after 71 mins

Well in a day Jeffers and Sodje both got injured just shows how fragile things have been upfront especially with JJ out too.

Looks like Akpo could be back then , wonder if Charlton insisted it was a loan til the end of season instead of taking his contract over officially for this reason or we tried to be shrewd and put in a 24hr recall clause.

If its officially a loan they can send him back i'd guess or do they now own him effectively? Didn't really think about it at the time

Depends on the terms of the loan - they might have to take the risk of him getting injured - i'd hope we arranged it that way tbh

Guest Sheff Owl

Well there is nothing to suggest that he could be back from the statement on OS.

Maybe this time we have covered ourselfs?, say there could be a condition in the loan deal that will keep him down there.

Guest Sheff Owl

A permanent deal maybe based on apperances etc but at the end of the season he is out of contract with us anyway so what Charlton do with him then is upto them.

I think Charlton are just covering themselfs, as long as we have covered ourselfs it dont matter if they sign him perm or not.

The permenant side of it doesn't affect us as he's out of contractafter the loan expires anyway, so there'd be no fee.

interesting the wording on the contract then

If they can/do send him back What are the obligations to an out of contract player does anyone know?