Charlton sign Sodje!

I do find it strange that the same folk who want Jeffers as far away from this Club as possible because of his injury record seem happy with the notion of giving Sodje another chance and another contract.

Correctamundo!

In my opinion, yes. I think Clarke is a very poor championship striker, with very little technique and finishing ability. He is also poor in the air for his size and does not put himself about, or use his frame.

I'd have liked to have seen Clarke and Jeffers replaced

Can you please tell me where Sodje has demonstrated this recently.

Have you been watching him recently?!?

Can you please tell me where Sodje has demonstrated this recently.

Have you been watching him recently?!?

Its beggers belief isint it?

Sodje won a corner and 3 headers. Clarke has been fit for us when we needed him and made a decent contribution last season. 8 goals and numerous assists. What has Sodje done or what suggests he deserves another chance. He's an extremely poor player and hasnt got time to improve. He's nearly 30 whereas Clarke is 24 and has time to develop into a better player. There is no contest.

Sodje won a corner and 3 headers. Clarke has been fit for us when we needed him and made a decent contribution last season. 8 goals and numerous assists. What has Sodje done or what suggests he deserves another chance. He's an extremely poor player and hasnt got time to improve. He's nearly 30 whereas Clarke is 24 and has time to develop into a better player. There is no contest.

One thing that I don't get.

Few seasons ago, Sodje was a decent player but has slowly gone backwards.

Few seasons ago, Clarke was absolute dogshit, but has now turned into a decent player for us.

Just goes to show that it is VERY hard to turn the average football fans' view of a player once he starts to like/dislike them.

not happy at all about this

Would much rather have kept Sodje than Clarke or Jeffers

He offers something different to all of our other strikers.

Clarke does not put himself about enough, Tudgay blows hot and cold, Varney has one good game every 5 and Jeffers is a complete write off

Surely we must have got a fee ? Or all of his wages paid, as it just doesn't make sense otherwise

Your talent for posting poo has no limits does it ?

What a great discussion. Who is the most flippingcack ineffective striker that we should get rid of? Clarke Jeffers or Sodje. The answer is easy, all three should (will) go, the only one that anybody will take is Sodje. Therefore out of the three very crap strikers he is the best. Roll on summer when we can wave bye bye to the two too!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Guest Stereophonics

id love to know who would score if all the strikers ppl are sayin are croks left........ who is our best striker ?

Tudgay or Johnson

Edited by Stereophonics

In my opinion, yes. I think Clarke is a very poor championship striker, with very little technique and finishing ability. He is also poor in the air for his size and does not put himself about, or use his frame.

I'd have liked to have seen Clarke and Jeffers replaced

But still better than Sodje

I cannot believe how clueless Glaser is. He is like Brian Laws on crack. Seriously who would keep Sodje with his injury record, age, lack of talent. Its unreal.

but how many games has Clarke had ?

Whilst Sodje just got farmed out on loan.

I am sure Sodje would have done more than Clarke if he had been given the same run of matches

You mean like Leon Clarke has been?

Twice?

I'm talking recently

As in this season.

Sodje was farmed out on loan to get game time, then we loaned in two unfit players as replacements.

maybe if he would have been given a run then, we might have seen him return to something like.

Surely you have to admit that a top of his form Sodje (ala Burnley, So'ton and pigs) is better than a top of form Clarke ?

I'm talking recently

As in this season.

Sodje was farmed out on loan to get game time, then we loaned in two unfit players as replacements.

maybe if he would have been given a run then, we might have seen him return to something like.

Surely you have to admit that a top of his form Sodje (ala Burnley, So'ton and pigs) is better than a top of form Clarke ?

It's hard to give a player a run when he spends the majority of his time either on the physio's table or laying in a heap on the pitch.

And out of interest...this Burnley performances people keep harping on about as justification of what Sodje could do over Clarke...are we talking about the one where he scored twice in 20 minutes before hobbling off the pitch injured...AGAIN?

Funny as well how people use Sodje's two goals against Burnley as vindication, but forget the fact that Clarke put in an equally impressive two goal performance against the exact same (if not slightly improved by that stage) Burnley team away from home that season.