Holding the ball up

I was sure that Wednesday hadn't strung 4 passes together in the first 10 minutes of the second half, so kept extra notice for the rest of the half, it wasn't until the 85th minute that a 5th consecutive pass was made. Its just a good job that Plymouth didn't create much. Still a 75% goals/attempts record and 3 points can't be all bad. I'm just dissapointed this performance didn't come last weekend!

Guest intercity0wl

We really didn't keep the ball well today, especially up front and constantly gave away possession.

Anyone think we missed Leon today.................

3 points

I dont think the hold up play was really the problem. It was the poor quality of ball into the strikers. Varney wants feet or over the top. Everything was smashed into him.

True...but don't you agree that Clarke is better at receiving those kind of balls than Varney?

flip knows who our best strike pairing is!! :biggrin:

True...but don't you agree that Clarke is better at receiving those kind of balls than Varney?

flip knows who our best strike pairing is!! :biggrin:

Without question. But we've got to have some pace in our side with JJ out and Varney is the only one who really fits the bill.

Maybe Tudgay on the right, Varney and Clarke upfront. Soares has been pretty average for me on the right.

Without question. But we've got to have some pace in our side with JJ out and Varney is the only one who really fits the bill.

Maybe Tudgay on the right, Varney and Clarke upfront. Soares has been pretty average for me on the right.

yeah this would work.

As I was saying in another thread, I'd drop potter and move Soares in to the middle.

Guest sheridan's2penalties

I thought the new idea was that we win the ball back more often when the oppostion has it. But they seemed to have the ball more than us :blink:

Still, 3 points, job's a good un.

I thought the new idea was that we win the ball back more often when the oppostion has it. But they seemed to have the ball more than us :blink:

Still, 3 points, job's a good un.

well we won the ball back but couldn't manage to pass it to another teammate....back to the drawing board. :biggrin: