ITK - I know how it feels now!

I hope Fergie jr fails missrabley at Preston he sounds like a right tail (chip off the old block then) + the way Preston treated AI (although I'm happy it worked in our favour).

Love to see them go on an epic losing streak & go down, it would be karma!

Edited by Donny

whilst you may have been cutting your cloth accordingly, there's an argument you were irresponsible to allow yourselves to go 26m in debt in the first place.

Obviously SUFC are also in a similar predicament, even worse on the face of it, but isn't our footballing debt £2-3m with a further £3m (I think?) agreed overdraft facility

Not making excuses for us because the PLC overall os in a worse state than SWFC, but McCabe has been responsible for paying off a huge chunk of the footballing debt this last 12 months. Is that responsible or irresponsible?

You see that's where the argument lies I suppose. At which point in time do you accuse a football club of irresponsibilty?

Is it possible that the Football League could look on that in the same way as they did with Southampton though? They weren't happy with them trying to separate the football club and the PLC and punished them for it.

Guest Beef Chief

Can anyone tell me how West Ham who are 110m in debt have managed to table a bid for Benni Macarthy?

I have a mortgage but can still afford a sandwich.

rumbleing ludicrous though really isn't it?

Selling the things that make you what you are - just so you can exist?

Finance in football.... what a clusterrumble

when you think about what in essence is being sold, its awfully rumbleing expensive just to put someone in a shirt. :ohmy:

didn't west ham go through one of those bond things years ago, like arsenal did, to fund a new stand? (even if they didn't) I'd be a bit dismayed as a fan to see whole thing go to paper over some cracks :mellow:

Clubs have simply got to cuts their cloths accordingly to their known or pessimistically available cash resources.

So if they can't afford that striker then they don't buy/pay him.

We've had about 8 years of learning to live within our means and have structured our finances well and been disciplined (particularly of late) in sustainability.

You can only spend what you don't have for a limited period - the chickens come home to roost eventually.

This is where we are in a better position than several of our peers - who have to face the music.

I think this is something that LS and NP have been saying from the outset - that sustainability is critical and that we will gain comparatively as some clubs begin to face harsh realities.

This - as I have said all along.

Allen for all his faults was as tight as a badgers behind when it came to running this club - this prudence now means we are in much better shape than our peers, and many clubs in the league above. Strafford is continuing along the same vein.

The combination of us owning our ground and training facilities, having low interest payments on what is now a relatively OK debt and a strong supporter base - we are in much, much better shape than most clubs.

This - as I have said all along.

Allen for all his faults was as tight as a badgers behind when it came to running this club - this prudence now means we are in much better shape than our peers, and many clubs in the league above. Strafford is continuing along the same vein.

The combination of us owning our ground and training facilities, having low interest payments on what is now a relatively OK debt and a strong supporter base - we are in much, much better shape than most clubs.

I believe this is why we are an investable Football club. (if there is such a thing) :ph34r:

The pain we've been thro followed by weeds and Southampton has perversely strengthened us for the future

said it before but if we can hold onto our finances whilst others are losing theirs we'll end up in the PL by default if nothing else

rumbleing ludicrous though really isn't it?

Selling the things that make you what you are - just so you can exist?

Finance in football.... what a clusterrumble

As a fan yes....

but billionaire investors give the football ground, a church for so many, as much sentimental value as the early morning coffee enduced poo poo.

Betdaq are doing 19/2, Betfair are going 8.2.

I'd want 10's myself, considering Real Madrid amongst others are looking at their star striker..

And:

1. A 10 point deduction won't even put them in the botom 3, much less cut them adrift

2. They couldn't (IMO) have a better manager in place for the fight that they now face