Anyone remember ..........

The league cup quarter final tie in the 80s against Liverpool. Was it 2-2 ? 2-3 ? Think Steve Nicholl scored the winner. I seem to recall there was over 50,000 in the ground. Unbelievable atmosphere. Home fans in half of Leppings including mysel. Real crush inside ground and coming out.

Any memories of this game? Were you in the Leppings end?

That was the first time I'd ever seen Liverpool live - apart from on Cup Final day.

As this was before live games were shown regularly on TV, you only had Match of the Day highlights to go on. Given that every time you saw a Liverpool highlight on Tv they seemed to end up scoring, I remember thinking they were going to score every time they crossed the half-way line.

Guest Distraught!

The league cup quarter final tie in the 80s against Liverpool. Was it 2-2 ? 2-3 ? Think Steve Nicholl scored the winner. I seem to recall there was over 50,000 in the ground. Unbelievable atmosphere. Home fans in half of Leppings including mysel. Real crush inside ground and coming out.

Any memories of this game? Were you in the Leppings end?

Maybe 2-2 and lost 3-0 at Anfield but played well in both games.

I remember it, I would have been about 12 years old. 2-2 then lost in the replay but gave a good account of ourselves in both games - seem to recall Mel Sterland scoring (a penalty?).

There was over 49,000 and I think that the upper stand at Leppings Lane was divided. Our seats were in there to the right hand side as you are sat.

I remember it, I would have been about 12 years old. 2-2 then lost in the replay but gave a good account of ourselves in both games - seem to recall Mel Sterland scoring (a penalty?).

There was over 49,000 and I think that the upper stand at Leppings Lane was divided. Our seats were in there to the right hand side as you are sat.

I was in lower Leppings - absolute nightmare coming out. Real crush. Scousers spitting on everyone.

Guest Distraught!

According to Wikipedia, Lyons is now the manager of Stirling Lions in Western Australia

Must store that one ready for the next edition of "Kivo's Guide to Important Footballing Trivia". :ph34r: