Lee Grant

Guest tazz070299

Guest tazz070299

Walking out of Hillsborough after the match today we were discussing the team's performance. Our view was that Grant had another good game, with some excellent keeping. However, it was pointed out by one of our group that the last three goals he has conceded (Barnsley/Blackpool & today) were all from outside the box :blink: Is this coincidence, or does he need some extra coaching?

Tazz

Guest JonTheOwl66

Walking out of Hillsborough after the match today we were discussing the team's performance. Our view was that Grant had another good game, with some excellent keeping. However, it was pointed out by one of our group that the last three goals he has conceded (Barnsley/Blackpool & today) were all from outside the box :blink: Is this coincidence, or does he need some extra coaching?

Tazz

All 3 were unstoppable.

Tazz

Barnsley goal, i thought he should have done better(cross). Blackpool & today......no chance

Tazz

The Barnsley one was a fluke, Blackpool's and todays were very good shots which any keeper would have struggled to stop.

Yep the Barnsley one was a fluke and would have caught everybody out, the Blackpool one was just a great strike, not many keepers would have saved it.

Todays i'm unsure about until I see it again, to me it looked like he was unsighted.

Edited by dan27

Guest JonTheOwl66

Brilliant save before that though.

Very little he could do about the three goals that have been scored.

Encouraging that teams are having to rely on speculative strikes for the most part.

Them taking speculative efforts obviously shows the defence is doing their job.

Grant is good keeper, he pulled a save off today that i reckon less than 20% of todays keepers could pull off!

I do have a constant complain with Grant and it is that he never ever leaves his goal line. If Grant had the ability to come out and collect i reckon he would be a complete keeper. As for a keeper he is very young and would be sad to see him go with the potential he has.