Purse

Purse played well on the whole today. My only issue with him is that he seems happy to sit deep and always play the opposition onside, this invites a lot of pressure at times. When the ball is cleared he should be screaming at the back 4 to push out, and even if the other 3 do he still hangs around at the back like a sweeper.

Just not bothered...

He certainly looks quicker and stronger than at the start of the season. Can always count on a few sloppy, dangerous errors though and today was no different in that regard.

I agree, wouldn't rave about him yet but he definitely is doing better, really needs to avoid making errors as in his position they can cost us a game.

Guest BigDave

At the end of the first half just after we scored Peterborough must have put the ball in the box 4 times and Purse cleared every single one. His block in added time too was vital too.

He looks more of a presence all of a sudden.

Credit to Beevers too, he was excellent - Mackail Smith didn't get a sniff all game.

I have given the bloke so much i believe justified stick but yesterday not the peformance although very good but the way he put his body on the line was almost Pearson esque he was just throwing himself at the ball and how calm did Beevers look, never seemed under pressure

Edited by BigDave

Guest MickY410

Was Brian trying to play a zonal system in defence, which the defenders were not comfortable with, whereas Alan has reverted to a common marking central defender role..?

Guest Romish Owl

Played the Captains role, only hope its not a one off, but also looked solid at Barnsley, after his wee wee tail up with the back header :rolleyes: