Purse

He's a damn sight better than he was, but i cringe every time the ball goes near him, he's potentially got at least one valuable mistake in him per game and that scares the hell out of me.

If he puts a good run together with no mistakes and better distribution of the ball, then my opinion will change, until then the jurys still out for me.

Maybe it was just me noticing something weird that wasn't really there, but numerous times I saw two of our defenders stood one behind the other when a high ball was coming in and if it went over the first one the second would jump and head it clear with his hands on his teammate's shoulders in front for leverage? Must have seen this happen 3 or 4 times especially when the area was loaded for corners and such, of course it could be sheer coincidence but it almost looked strategic........

Edited by Grimbarian

Real credit where it is due.

He was immense alongside Beevers today. Irvine is playing them different to how Laws did, whereby he is playing them with starting positions slightly 'off' from one another, akin to the continental sweeper role. Thus meaning each is providing cover when one goes to attack a high ball or an attacker.

Before we was really flat and too square on.

They also seem to appreciate the role of a centre half in this league as well, i.e roughing strikers up, getting bodies in the way, making vital blocks etc

Well done Darren, Mark and also Alan Irvine

Edited by Glaser

Guest Airborne

Lost count how many times he blocked, cleared and tackled from dangerous positions today.... made it look very easy, and sometimes it goes un noticed....

MOM for me.

^^

Solid performance..

Guest oliver666

The bloke has got a 50p head. I've tried in the past to defend him, but everytime the ball goes near him I expect a wee wee tail up.

Ah but, he brought out a excellent save from their keeper with an header and close with another. He obviously dissappointed you then with all those wee wee tail ups then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the end of the first half just after we scored Peterborough must have put the ball in the box 4 times and Purse cleared every single one. His block in added time too was vital too.

He looks more of a presence all of a sudden.

Credit to Beevers too, he was excellent - Mackail Smith didn't get a sniff all game.

Guest oliver666

^^

Solid performance..

Agree mate. People may scoff at this but even though it was Peterborough, he was an unsung hero in the defence. Let's talk positives about him especially the last two matches. Yes he dropped a multi ******** against Barnsley, but did they score from it, no. Let's back him.

Guest wednesday83

He was man of the match by far against Blackpool mid week and he was awsome again today. Also its no fluke that as soon as Purse starts playing well, Beevers starts to shine again as well. Beevers man of the match against Dingles for me. Both of them playing really well at the mo. All we need is Frankie back in playing well at right back and a good left back in on loan.

Much better today than previous, nice to see.

He needs to keep it up though.. fans will jump on him the next time he costs us a goal, unless it's many months into the future.

I've never doubted Purse. People expect far too much of him. If he's not perfect every game he's slated.

One thing you always get with Purse is a player who will put his body in the way of anything. Of course he had a bad spell of form and he makes mistakes from time to time, but he has the experience to get up and try to put things right again and you can't fault his attitude.

Now we look more organised in the midfield it's taken the pressure off the defenders as the midfield is not being passed as easily as it was by the opposition. Also if a mistake is made the other defenders are more organised and and are in better position to quickly provide cover.

Edited by Stokey