the takeover..

hypothetical question:

if a takeover was dependent on LS and NP stepping down so that a new board could be installed, would you:

- want LS and NP to go and let the takeover happen

or

- decline the investment and seek/wait for different investors without such demands?

hypothetical answer are you a blunt ? If not bog off with your daft question.

I trust that if Lee and Nick have faith that the investors are the 'right' type and they have been vetted by themselves, then this question is irrelevant.

Only they can know what the aims and ambitions would be of any investors.

I am also sure, that Lee would not "sell us out" to any two bob millionaire who was just in it to to make a buck or two, or make a name for himself

Edited by Glaser

Whatever the legacy is left by Strafford and Parker, sure we all want some billionaire to get hold of things and ease our passage (OOeer Matron)..but lets think back to what we had a couple of years ago...and while things may be progressing a little slower on the pitch than most would like...surely no-one could argue that the transparency we now have between board and fans is light years ahead of what we had in the recent past...I mean for fvcks sake, there were ardent fans been led to the fckin' Gibbett at one time..a press conference that was a downright embarrasment not only to Wednesday fans, but football fans in general...

If we end up having to do it the hard way...heads down fvckin' do it...being a Wednesday fan has never been a cakewalk...it never will be..and thats part of being a Wednesday fan...There will be no European champs league..there will be no Trophies like as not....they are now bought..and they are simply plastic pots to put on a mantle piece in Dubai, Moscow or New York..its not fvckin' football lads...its a soap opera..and if and when Wednesday get back up there..at least i'll be able to hold my head up and argue we did it the hard way..the fans, aligned with a board that understands the fans...dragging ourselves up by the bloody bootstraps would make my heart sing...Lee Strafford has had his critics...thats part and parcel of the whole sh*tfest we have down here....I was one of them...and there may be issues i still have...but one thing you cannot slate, is his obvious ardour to do whats best for the club and its long suffering supporters....and in my opinion we are getting there...ever so slowly..but we are doing it by ourselves at the minute...and that means a whole lot more to me than just nippin' to a shop and buying it...thats all Man City are doing..thats all Chelsea have done...Its an empty Chalice..it means nothing...theres **** all involved in it...theres 10 yr old kids that could run Chelsea...

Stay the course my friends..at least then you can hold your hands up and accept that you were part of what football has been...part of what football should be....Let the lobbers who traipse to games and come away aghast they only got a draw at home to phone in to 5 live and ask "What the **** is goin' on at Liverpool"..we are above that sort of elitist tat...we are Sheffield Wednesday...and whatever our position in whatever division...the rest can simply go **** themselves...

Up the motherfvckin' Owls...all else is tat.........

Best reply by far and one that makes so much sense.......I for one do not want a huge bankroll with the ugliness of Man City, the end result of Portsmouth and the constant striving to bring in players who are only interested in big pay packets.......We need a club that is ours and one which will move forward at a reasonable pace. LS has made huge strides forward and long may he continue at the helm. Investment or No investment!!!!!

ps - There's nowt new to say on the investment front is there?

We should hear sometime in the next couple of weeks one way or another is where we're up to aren't we?

The investors have had plenty of opportunities to drop out so far and haven't etc.

It's still on until LS says otherwise, which he will if anything untoward happens, so just wait, and enjoy the positive results on the field of play in the meantime.

Sorted.

We can discuss possible reasons for the delay after it's all concluded if we really must. It could be that if there are a number of smaller investors involved, they need to sort out their internal legal position, who is donating what, who is due what etc. Maybe this is the "internal legals" bit referred to and the "external legals" the legal arrangement the group has with the club?

I'd imagine it is not unusual for these type of arrangements to take time to sort out.

ps - There's nowt new to say on the investment front is there?

We should hear sometime in the next couple of weeks one way or another is where we're up to aren't we?

The investors have had plenty of opportunities to drop out so far and haven't etc.

It's still on until LS says otherwise, which he will if anything untoward happens, so just wait, and enjoy the positive results on the field of play in the meantime.

Sorted.

We can discuss possible reasons for the delay after it's all concluded if we really must. It could be that if there are a number of smaller investors involved, they need to sort out their internal legal position, who is donating what, who is due what etc. Maybe this is the "internal legals" bit referred to and the "external legals" the legal arrangement the group has with the club?

I'd imagine it is not unusual for these type of arrangements to take time to sort out.

Agree and the last series of results and yesterdays good crowd will only strengthen our position IMO.

Whatever the legacy is left by Strafford and Parker, sure we all want some billionaire to get hold of things and ease our passage (OOeer Matron)..but lets think back to what we had a couple of years ago...and while things may be progressing a little slower on the pitch than most would like...surely no-one could argue that the transparency we now have between board and fans is light years ahead of what we had in the recent past...I mean for fvcks sake, there were ardent fans been led to the fckin' Gibbett at one time..a press conference that was a downright embarrasment not only to Wednesday fans, but football fans in general...

If we end up having to do it the hard way...heads down fvckin' do it...being a Wednesday fan has never been a cakewalk...it never will be..and thats part of being a Wednesday fan...There will be no European champs league..there will be no Trophies like as not....they are now bought..and they are simply plastic pots to put on a mantle piece in Dubai, Moscow or New York..its not fvckin' football lads...its a soap opera..and if and when Wednesday get back up there..at least i'll be able to hold my head up and argue we did it the hard way..the fans, aligned with a board that understands the fans...dragging ourselves up by the bloody bootstraps would make my heart sing...Lee Strafford has had his critics...thats part and parcel of the whole sh*tfest we have down here....I was one of them...and there may be issues i still have...but one thing you cannot slate, is his obvious ardour to do whats best for the club and its long suffering supporters....and in my opinion we are getting there...ever so slowly..but we are doing it by ourselves at the minute...and that means a whole lot more to me than just nippin' to a shop and buying it...thats all Man City are doing..thats all Chelsea have done...Its an empty Chalice..it means nothing...theres **** all involved in it...theres 10 yr old kids that could run Chelsea...

Stay the course my friends..at least then you can hold your hands up and accept that you were part of what football has been...part of what football should be....Let the lobbers who traipse to games and come away aghast they only got a draw at home to phone in to 5 live and ask "What the **** is goin' on at Liverpool"..we are above that sort of elitist tat...we are Sheffield Wednesday...and whatever our position in whatever division...the rest can simply go **** themselves...

Up the motherfvckin' Owls...all else is tat.........

Again another good post mate

I've read it twice now and cannot think how I can improve it as a statement of my thoughts too (perhaps paragraphs :biggrin: ).

Asteener's post is indeed highlighting the crux of the matter for me -I'm unsure whether I want this deal or not now; yes the advantages of relaxing the grip of the bank will lead to squad building opportunities but at what cost? This is where we have an advantage in an Owls fan doing the deal for us.

Im gonna side step the original question cos it is none relevant in that

Why......... considering all of the progression L/S and N/P have made.......why the hell would anyone want to split up such a winning team ?

Im side stepping it with this........25k when we were 21st in the league and playing the worst team in the league with the 2nd worst away support will have done our investment chances no harm at all

We can think that but do ' they'

excellent response.

Sure i saw you walking out of Bramall Lane last saturday DC88 :laugh::laugh:

And im sure if a takeover were to happen. the guy who put the money in would want to be chairman. however im sure Lee would be offered a role on the board where he would be doing the same leg work he is now.

The INVESTMENT will happen in Febuary the T's have been crossed and the i's have been dotted, believe and give it a few more day's and all will come clear.

We will all be happy with what's going to happen at Hillsborough in the next few week.

Have Faith, things are ongoing, our time is near........

The INVESTMENT will happen in Febuary the T's have been crossed and the i's have been dotted, believe and give it a few more day's and all will come clear.

We will all be happy with what's going to happen at Hillsborough in the next few week.

Have Faith, things are ongoing, our time is near........

peppercorn sauce????????

Doubtful it will happen this season or the next!

My optimism has returned because of what's happening on the green stuff.

Lets try not to keep deluding ourselves in believing that it will.

Sweat and toil, I'm afraid. Thats the way.

UTO

Father Ted's Barmy Army.

Edited by M Royds

Guest thetruthisoutthere

25k when we were 21st in the league and playing the worst team in the league with the 2nd worst away support will have done our investment chances no harm at all

We can think that but do ' they'

I was under the impression that our biggest bargaining chip with these said investors was our fan base, hense the importance of us all getting to games until the fairwhether fans return in the future