the takeover..

Guest triple j

F*ck me, it read to me like a positive thread about people you like and a decent team versus plenty of money and new owners you don't know.

Is it only todays result we can talk about? :rolleyes:

It was a perfectly reasonable thread.

if the bank are willing to write off 58% of the debt who cares

I think we should care because if the person taking over put us into even more debt with somebody else then we could end up being worse off.

Just look at Portsmouth.

F*ck me, it read to me like a positive thread about people you like and a decent team versus plenty of money and new owners you don't know.

Is it only todays result we can talk about? :rolleyes:

I agree,the investment/takeover threads are always interesting to read,especially when the fudder's

go for it :rolleyes:

I think we should care because if the person taking over put us into even more debt with somebody else then we could end up being worse off.

Just look at Portsmouth.

Portsmouth will survive mate...they may drop a division or even two...20'000 folk payin' £30 a throw will always have a market...this ludicrous merry go round of mummery will carry on as long as we let it... Edited by asteener1867

Just look at Portsmouth.

Lee has already said that he has no intention of letting any fly by night chancers near the club and

The investment will be on a sustainable basis.

if the bank are willing to write off 58% of the debt who cares

Aye, but presumably, the Co-op wouldn't have an issue with doing the same or writing off more of the debt if the level of dosh being brought in was more than £8million.

But whatever, the poster is being hypothetical anyway so it's irrelevent innit?

Is it only todays result we can talk about?

thanks triple _ j, spot on.

for the record, i'd take the latter. you only have to look at the work that has been done off the field to know that LS & NP have the club's best interests at heart. look at man utd and the cack they are in for submitting to foreign investment who, imo, see the club as nothing more than a commercial pursuit.

for me, any investment we get has to be conditional on things continuing in the same form as they have been: making progress off the field and improving our image where it counts, in the local community, then go further.

what would you say if LS delivered investment only for such investors to have viewed us as easy money, and when it doesn't work out 100% as planned, leave us up poo poo creek (further) debt-ridden.

Aye, but presumably, the Co-op wouldn't have an issue with doing the same or writing off more of the debt if the level of dosh being brought in was more than £8million.

But whatever, the poster is being hypothetical anyway so it's irrelevent innit?

Why... do we owe another bank???

Which part of the investment...rather than takeover are you struggling with??

I know the difference between the two, it's just I wouldn't want to see somebody come in and invest, then decide they want Lee and Nick out, then decide they want to lend us stupid ammounts of money and put us further into debt.

Why... do we owe another bank???

Do the same as what they're offering to do if someone stumps up £8million. You've misunderstood mate.

£8million plus agreed debt reduction or

more than £8million into the club and same debt reduction or better - just for clarity

But as it's all hypothetical lets just forget all about it.

hypothetical question:

if a takeover was dependent on LS and NP stepping down so that a new board could be installed, would you:

- want LS and NP to go and let the takeover happen

or

- decline the investment and seek/wait for different investors without such demands?

Strange question.

What if we signed a new striker, but it would mean having to let Marcus Tudgay leave.

Would you be pleased or disappointed?

Doesn't it depend entirely on the replacement, and the intentions of the new investors?

:blink:

Edited by Wise_Owl

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Im gonna side step the original question cos it is none relevant in that

Why......... considering all of the progression L/S and N/P have made.......why the hell would anyone want to split up such a winning team ?

Im side stepping it with this........25k when we were 21st in the league and playing the worst team in the league with the 2nd worst away support will have done our investment chances no harm at all