Official Match Thread : SWFC Vs Peterborough

Lot of positives today. Tudders scoring, Leon did well. Purse looks the part, I like Soares and Potter looked good at times. Some concerns about the way we faded.

Think that was down to who we were playing as well,against Dingles and Blackpool we weren't expected to get much, today if they'dve equalised it would have been 2 massive points dropped Edited by darra

Can't believe how nervous I am today this game is massive! Probably be a tight affair and they will put us through the mill as normal.

UTO

I thought it was going to happen! Thank flip for that, we need to learn to kill teams off but as AI said we are just starting on that journey. I thought we were great 1st half but faded in 2nd and got very nervous, understandably. It's still only the beginning and the real test will be when we go behind in a game.

great result

Not a bad shout.........but I do like the fact AI seems to prefer a settled side, the whole team was confused under Laws.

Agreed. But Soares is still gaining fitness, Gray is knocking on… We needed reinforcements in there at some point. A better team would have done us.

But we'll get better.

Guest owls_4_life

Well played today we looked much much better and actually looked like scoring a few more!

Very happy with set pieces

Not too bothered about losing the clean sheet today was always going to be a nervous and scrappy game considering the position of both teams

UTO

Sheffield Wednesday 2-0 Peterborough United (Tudgay 44 ,67)

Possession: 56-44

Shots on target: 5-2

Shots off target: 2-3

Corners: 5-4

Fouls: 4-9

Most fouls: Tudgay (2) McLeod (3)

Yellow cards: 1-0

Red cards: 0-0

Grant, Buxton, Purse, Beevers, Soares, Potter, O'Connor, Tudgay, Clarke (Varney 72).

Subs not used: Jameson, Hinds, Simek, McAllister, Sodje, Esajas.

Well done Wednesday.

Unlucky Peterborough.

Sheffield Wednesday 2-0 Peterborough United (Tudgay 44 ,67)

Possession: 56-44

Shots on target: 5-2

Shots off target: 2-3

Corners: 5-4

Fouls: 4-9

Most fouls: Tudgay (2) McLeod (3)

Yellow cards: 1-0

Red cards: 0-0

Grant, Buxton, Purse, Beevers, Soares, Potter, O'Connor, Tudgay, Clarke (Varney 72).

Subs not used: Jameson, Hinds, Simek, McAllister, Sodje, Esajas.

Well done Wednesday.

Unlucky Peterborough.

aero in stat fail shocker

Peterborough scored too

Lot of positives today. Tudders scoring, Leon did well. Purse looks the part, I like Soares and Potter looked good at times. Some concerns about the way we faded.

I thought we played exactly as we have been doing for the last few seasons. i.e. everything booted long from Grant to Tudgay. I still think we looked fragile and nervy ay times as though we we're just waiting for it all to collapse again. That said, I saw a few positives - We hold the shape better and the off-the-ball movement is slightly better. Maybe when their goalie came down for the corner and Grant caught the ball he should have tried drop kicking it into the net, but still ....

Guest mansfield owl

Thought the lads battled well today,the atmosphere in the kop was good in the second half,but the first half was poo .We need to get behind the team from the start.Lets get behind them at scunny on wednesday. UTO FTB

Great result and great day for me. Not going very often means when I get to S6 and we actually win itsvbery special indeed. brief Summary

1) Pies Good and even the bird who served me looked decent.

2) more Leg room than I expected on the kop and I was lucky enough to sit next to some decent folks with a good sense of humour.

3) we deserved and got the win

4) The band : I was sat nowhere near them but on balance they do IMHO lift the atmosphere.

All in all: great stuff thank to all at S6.

ps The North stand still looks magnificent.

Edited by Geedee