Why are we so jelous of the piggies?

Guest bigblue

I don't know why this just came into my head, but...

Why would the second club in a city call theirselves United? By definition that's a stupid name! If they were the only club in a town/city, fair enough, makes sense; but clearly Sheffield is not United!?!?!?!?!?

I know some clever blunt wil be desperate to say something stupid about our name; but we do exist on Wednesdays so it's actually not wrong whatever way you want to look at it.

United = false

Why do wednesdayites go on uniteds boards out of interest.

I post on Owls/Blades Mad quite a bit.

I live in Oz & the first Owls forum I came across was Owls Mad.........I like the format & post far more regularly on there than on here.....I also like the quick access to other teams boards on the footymad network.

I personally know some of the Blades that post on Blades Mad.........I like the banter & the p1ss taking as well as some of the more serious stuff.......for me it's like a window to what's going on back home, it's taken place of face to face banter with work mates & in the pub, Blades Mad is much busier than the Owls board, probably due the success of Owlstalk but I see nothing wrong with posting/going on any Blades forum....seems like a natural extension of a normal football carry on to me.

I'm jealous of their English language skills. I fink it wud b gr8 2 b dat fukin fik den i cud gu t'lane 4 10 quid ayeer. BTEC and ASDAN obviously get you somewhere in this world even if it is only the sty.

I am jealous of their ABJECT FAILURE!! Of course we have failed on occasions but never as abjectly.

ab⋅ject

  /ˈæbdʒɛkt, æbˈdʒɛkt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ab-jekt, ab-jekt] Show IPA

Use abjectly in a Sentence

See images of abjectly

Search abjectly on the Web

–adjective

1. utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched

2. contemptible; despicable; base-spirited

3. shamelessly servile; slavish.

4. Obsolete. cast aside.

Yup abject is the word and I'm jealous of it.

Edited by web_owls

I'm jealous that I can't take my wife to a 4 star hotel next to our hallowed turf for £49 on a Saturday night (laterooms.com). Why can't we play in an inner city slum?

Guest mickeybb
I'm jealous that I can't take my wife to a 4 star hotel next to our hallowed turf for £49 on a Saturday night (laterooms.com). Why can't we play in an inner city slum?[/quote]

Cos your posh and play on the edge of an Industrial Estate in some outer city slum

Edited by mickeybb

I'm jealous that I can't take my wife to a 4 star hotel next to our hallowed turf for £49 on a Saturday night (laterooms.com). Why can't we play in an inner city slum?[/quote]

Cos your posh and play on the edge of an Industrial Estate in some outer city slum

Ha ha, reel him in, I knew if we kept this up some porker that can't sleep would be looking on here instead of his own site and would bite. :rolleyes:

coming up 50 years watching the wizards and all my life been jealous of that red and white sh ite........65 we build a stand behind the goals 2 years later they build one only smaller ....... 66 we break a transfer record and sign john ritchie (70.000) they go sign bill punton (3.000) ,in the 70s we slump down to div 3 blow me 3 years later they have 2 join us,thankfully we get out by getting promoted they get out by getting relegated.inthe 90s we build a new double decker grandstand and wot do u know so do they only smaller of course,we put seats on the kop hey ho they follow suit only smaller obviously.in the noughties they fancy holding world cup games at there little ground like we did in 66 sadly they didnt get it WE DID but not to be out done they get the college cup -final . jealous i dont think so !!!!!!

O.K. Ill start off the confessions

"I am jealous of the blunts because they have a Hotel" :laugh:

is it a hotel or a b&b...i'm confused...you wouldn't put a hotel up in a $hithole area like that would you...i've heard of the strangways hotel...is it like that...similar area and surroundings...?

coming up 50 years watching the wizards and all my life been jealous of that red and white sh ite........65 we build a stand behind the goals 2 years later they build one only smaller ....... 66 we break a transfer record and sign john ritchie (70.000) they go sign bill punton (3.000) ,in the 70s we slump down to div 3 blow me 3 years later they have 2 join us,thankfully we get out by getting promoted they get out by getting relegated.inthe 90s we build a new double decker grandstand and wot do u know so do they only smaller of course,we put seats on the kop hey ho they follow suit only smaller obviously.in the noughties they fancy holding world cup games at there little ground like we did in 66 sadly they didnt get it WE DID but not to be out done they get the college cup -final . jealous i dont think so !!!!!!

all this continous inter club rivalry does no good for football in sheffield...if both clubs were merged look at the fan base for sheffield football...a 60-70'000 stadium could be built near the m1 with car parking and it's own slip roads off the motorway...it would be a massive major force in the premier and europe...we could name the new side SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY...

Why would any Wednesdayite be jealous of them?

They have nothing, have never done anything and are possibly the most hated team in England at the moment. This is a successful period for them, and yet they haven't really overtaken us. 1 season in the prem, lots of huffing and puffing but no real success. This is our second worst period in history and we are going to overtake them shortly as i think they will implode at the end of this season.

Edited by boxing_day