Irvine on SSN

"Great admirer of Varney when at Crews during Everton days"

"all quiet on transfer front"

"delighted by squad of players I have here"

"players have to go before new ones come in"

"no players will be going out because of my doing"

Particularly like that last bit, willing to give the current crop a chance, obv agrees that we are under achieving and he can see the potential.

Yeah, what kind of a moron would slag off his players and exclude some from the squad- even strip one of them of the captaincy just before the start of the season?

Agree with some of what you have said but please dont go into the captaincy thing again.

Wood handed in a transfer request while captain. To me that takes the wee wee slightly not Brian putting the captaincy on a more experienced player.

The longer Irvine gives the impression that the squad has a clean slate the better as it has clearly put a rocket up their backside. Hopefully it can last until the end of the season when Irvine can mould things a bit more.

It wouldnt suprise me if one or two things went on over the Wood affair behind the scenes that really ruined things. I didnt think Wood was a great captain though to be honest.

The longer Irvine gives the impression that the squad has a clean slate the better as it has clearly put a rocket up their backside. Hopefully it can last until the end of the season when Irvine can mould things a bit more.

It wouldnt suprise me if one or two things went on over the Wood affair behind the scenes that really ruined things. I didnt think Wood was a great captain though to be honest.

My thoughts exactly!

It began when Laws had a massive go at Woods after a game in front of the whole squad in the dressing room. Blamed him for the whole teams bad performance. Woods felt really shown up, having been grilled in front of the whole team and after that the relationship between Woods and Laws never recovered.

Guest Walkley_Owl

It began when Laws had a massive go at Woods after a game in front of the whole squad in the dressing room. Blamed him for the whole teams bad performance. Woods felt really shown up, having been grilled in front of the whole team and after that the relationship between Woods and Laws never recovered.

I thought Woods had gone well before Laws arrived, he left in the mid 90's

"Great admirer of Varney when at Crews during Everton days"

"all quiet on transfer front"

"delighted by squad of players I have here"

"players have to go before new ones come in"

"no players will be going out because of my doing"

Particularly like that last bit, willing to give the current crop a chance, obv agrees that we are under achieving and he can see the potential.

Wood & Laws.

:ph34r:

Arrrrrrrrr didddummmms.

History time to move on.

But I will say what happens in the dressing room should always remain there, its a sacred football rule.

Once it starts to be discussed outside you have a problem.

History time to move on.

But I will say what happens in the dressing room should always remain there, its a sacred football rule.

Once it starts to be discussed outside you have a problem.

Agreed, but hey let's just look to the Father Ted era now. Do any of his assistants look like Dougal? :)