How do you expect season to pan out?

Rather looking forward to an intense Yorkshire CCC next season: Us, The Pigs, Hull, Donny, Dingles, L**ds, and good old Huddy Town.

Wouldn't be surprised if we do a last minute - very vague chance of play-offs - push (necessary to keep us motivated, we don't want mid-table complacency to creep in, in March time - which is where I believe we will be now we have AI in charge, thank God).

Investment? No idea. Hope so, obviously, if only because it will for once and for bloody all resolve the disparate share-spread issue and maybe even rid us of some of our shareholders, all in one swoop - no names, no pack-drill ;-)

Just hope no silly offers (that can't be refused) come in for core members of the team, who are the basis for the future - especially Grant. Tudgay needs to prove himself, and pronto - no excuses now BL's gone, Tudders - simples!

Oh, and looking forward to shedding ourselves of some very costly dead wood come season's end - especially one certain FJ9 - he can go the way of 'those' shareholders we need shot of. Good riddance.

Next season WILL be a classic.

UTO!!!

Hmm... not many changes on the playing front this window (Varney in, maybe Akpo out) ; finishing somewhere between 17th and 20th (that'll do for this season); a big clear-out in the summer with 6 or 7 first-team squad players released and maybe 1 or 2 (Grant? Tudgay?) sold and some Irvine favourites in; no investment this year but LS to announce a 'fan investment' share-buying scheme...

Maybe not ambitious, but id take 4th bottom right now if someone offered it me. Were still a long way from safe and i still believe it will take 53/54 points to stay up this year

It was, but even then, it was going to be more through hope that we could get the level of performances and points. Now, even though it won't be easy, we've got a genuine chance of doing it.

Whilst it's all academic now, I'd have preferred Laws to have been kept on and the players made to earn their money and dig the club out of the hole they'd got it into - especially given the fixtures that were coming up in January.

Whilst Irvine's start has been impressive, he won't get a more easier sets of fixtures over the remainder of the season.

I truly hope he can continue to get a performance out of this group of players, who have sadly shown all season long that they are quite capable of going from the sublime to the ridiculous even in the same match.

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

i think the squad we have now is what we'll have at the end of the season, no in's, no outs.

if the money comes in, then it comes... if it doesn't i think we'll do just fine without it as we have been doing

Whilst it's all academic now, I'd have preferred Laws to have been kept on and the players made to earn their money and dig the club out of the hole they'd got it into - especially given the fixtures that were coming up in January.

Whilst Irvine's start has been impressive, he won't get a more easier sets of fixtures over the remainder of the season.

I truly hope he can continue to get a performance out of this group of players, who have sadly shown all season long that they are quite capable of going from the sublime to the ridiculous even in the same match.

You seriously considered the Dingles and Blackpool away as "easy fixtures" for a team without a win in 12? The truth is had laws stayed that would have been two more defeats. Now we have a chance on Saturday of 3 straight wins and 4 unbeaten in the league. We can actualy start to put a positive run together now!

You seriously considered the Dingles and Blackpool away as "easy fixtures" for a team without a win in 12? The truth is had laws stayed that would have been two more defeats. Now we have a chance on Saturday of 3 straight wins and 4 unbeaten in the league. We can actualy start to put a positive run together now!

No, not easy - I said easier.

January's fixtures - Barnsley, Blackpool, coupled with Peterbrough and Plymouth at home and Sflaphorpe away - are in my opinion the easiest set of games we'll probably get all season.

No one can say truthfully what would have happened had Laws stayed - but he's gone and we move on.

However I think it's too early to be judging Irvine on just two games in charge - I'm not trying to be negative here, I'm just trying to be pragmatic and take a longer term, more objective view.