How do you expect season to pan out?

I am thinking a couple of decent loan signings on top of Varney, and I think we will finish mid table.

I can't see any investment. We need to forget about that and if it comes it's a great bonus.

Although our last two resiults have been great I'm not getting too carried away. Still be a fight at the bottom. Sounds depressing doesn't it.

Next year will be better.

Guest sheridan's2penalties

We were turning in one poo result after another for so long that it seems like everyone started to look to investment as some kind of shining light throught the never ending tunnel of despair, cos for a couple of months it seemed like the only hope we had.

It's amazing what a couple of wins can do (and not forgetting a respectable draw against toon). I've actually started to remember what football is all about, and investment just seems like a side issue that I don't really think about, which is exactly the way it should be! No idea how this season's gonna pan out, but it's for sure that right now I feel 100 times happier than I have for a long while!

UTO.

Can't see any investment coming in. I like Lee and don't believe he is trying to string us along, however I do believe that if it was going to happen it would of happened by now. It always seems to be a matter of weeks away, despite a matter of weeks having passed several times!

I'm not to fussed about new signings, I strongly believe that this squad vastly under-achieved under Laws this season and I expect us to finish in about 16th now we have got someone else in. Any money we do have should be saved for the summer.

Guest CampbellOwl-36

Investment? Who cares!

A good performance from the lads and a well deserved 3 points on Saturday is what it's all about. Let's bosh the Posh!

UTO

I'm amazed at the instant impact Alan Irvine has had. I expected him to turn it around, but not so quickly. What we have to guard against is complacency. If we win on Saturday, and against Plymouth... who knows... The table will look a lot different, especially if we pick up at least a point against Scunny.

Guest Theboylangers

A long hard struggle with the next 3 games being vital. I feel we must take a minimum of 4 points ( preferably 6) to give us a chance of finishing mid table. Anything less and it's a battle all the way.

I think we are in a mini-league at the moment consisting of us, Reading, Plymouth and Peterborough. A couple of wins in the next 3 games will see us competing in the next mini league ( Derby, Coventry, Barnsley, Preston and Sflaphorpe).

The immediate aim, and I'm sure AI knows this, is to get to that next mini-league. And from there, safety will beckon.

Edited by Shaunnie

We'll end up well clear of relegation.

As for the other matter........................................

We'll find out shortly won't we? Just listen to what LS tells you. He is telling you as much as he can.

If Irvine can get 3 points against the Posh on saturday then he truly is the new messiah, 3 wins on the spin is very unlike SWFC!

It's not completely unthinkable to think we could have 5 wins on the bounce. Who'd have thought that was possible just a couple of weeks ago?

Still think january will make or break us and still think we will go down, although slightly more confident now.

As far as investment goes, it would be nice to say who cares, but without a high quality youth system that can turn out players for a decent, regular profit, no investment means a good few years of lower table battling and stagnation in my opinion.

Although that's not to say I'm moaning about it as I'm pretty confident the chairman will come up with the right goods... Although admittedly that's based on a bit of blind faith.

To be fair, January was always going to be an 'easier' month looking at the fixtures.

It was, but even then, it was going to be more through hope that we could get the level of performances and points. Now, even though it won't be easy, we've got a genuine chance of doing it.

Rather looking forward to an intense Yorkshire CCC next season: Us, The Pigs, Hull, Donny, Dingles, L**ds, and good old Huddy Town.

Wouldn't be surprised if we do a last minute - very vague chance of play-offs - push (necessary to keep us motivated, we don't want mid-table complacency to creep in, in March time - which is where I believe we will be now we have AI in charge, thank God).

Investment? No idea. Hope so, obviously, if only because it will for once and for bloody all resolve the disparate share-spread issue and maybe even rid us of some of our shareholders, all in one swoop - no names, no pack-drill ;-)

Just hope no silly offers (that can't be refused) come in for core members of the team, who are the basis for the future - especially Grant. Tudgay needs to prove himself, and pronto - no excuses now BL's gone, Tudders - simples!

Oh, and looking forward to shedding ourselves of some very costly dead wood come season's end - especially one certain FJ9 - he can go the way of 'those' shareholders we need shot of. Good riddance.

Next season WILL be a classic.

UTO!!!