Difficult Choice!

Guest kn-OWL-edge

Guest AnotherOwl

Wednesday to stay up!

Would love EN to win the WC, but most of the players - especially the 'born to lead' 'captain' - are a bunch of wobblers anyway.

Would love EN to win the WC, but most of the players - especially the 'born to lead' 'captain' - are a bunch of wobblers anyway.

If i am honest it's hard to disgaree with those sentiments - so i have to think of England as an entity and not a bunch of individual players

But if we're also honest the same would apply with Wednesday but to a lesser degree of wealth.

But apart from a handful of iconic players - i think of Wednesday as an entity - i don't get precious about the indvidual players - only the "one-offs" such as Hirsty

The rest are very expendable

Guest AnotherOwl

If i am honest it's hard to disgaree with those sentiments - so i have to think of England as an entity and not a bunch of individual players

But if we're also honest the same would apply with Wednesday but to a lesser degree of wealth.

But apart from a handful of iconic players - i think of Wednesday as an entity - i don't get precious about the indvidual players - only the "one-offs" such as Hirsty

The rest are very expendable

Yes I agree you should look at / love your club for what it is, players aside. And I think I do just that with Wednesday. I'd support them whoever was playing in the blue and white shirt (within reason).

But having players you really like and respect - because they play great football and are decent blokes - does make me love the club and the whole match day experience even more. Hirst is the perfect example yeah.

SWFC to stay up this season or England to win this years World Cup?

That should be plain as day, SWFC to stay up. And I'd rather see Scotland win world cup than England :D