Why do you love football?

Because it's simply something that panders to my fundamental appreciation of life and my nature. It's simultaneously brutal, tribal and unforgiving, yet beautiful, balletic and compulsive.

To bounce around, punching thin air and feeling rumbleing omnipotent when you see a ball pass a line, then sharing that emotion with the hundreds/thousands in your vicinity is indescribable. As is the heartbreak and dejection when something about your club goes awry, a sense of grief that in comparable with the break-up of a relationship, only this ache can be put to the side within days as the mantra of "We'll rumbleing turn it around today" spurs you on and ignites the fire in your gut.

A stupid amount of money is spent and yet not one penny is regarded, be it from a Tommy Spurr belter against the Pigs at our gaff or on a Tuesday night to grind out a 0-0 against Rushden & Diamonds.

Nothing comes close.

I agree .Away days when we win are special,when we score and you see grown men hugging each other ,that is what football can do.

Dont think i could get so worked up by any other sport.........

Every emotion in one game ,Anger ,sorrow, excitement, joy.thats why i just love football.

went to barnsley never saw you though BRADDAZ.(but knew you were there)

I would agree however after the big f***er behind me started strangling me when we scored the 2nd at Blackpool i have changed my mind :biggrin::biggrin:

If Sheffield Wednesday ceased to exist, i think my football days would be over! My passion is SWFC, far more than football.

I would agree however after the big f***er behind me started strangling me when we scored the 2nd at Blackpool i have changed my mind :biggrin::biggrin:

If Sheffield Wednesday ceased to exist, i think my football days would be over! My passion is SWFC, far more than football.

I've never thought of that before, but i'd be the same, if wednesday went under i'd never go to another match, its more wednesday rather than the football.

Strange how the responses to this thread are all about why people love Wednesday not why they love football.

Excellent point that most seem to have missed

Would they still love it if Wednesday (heaven forbid) no longer existed? I don't think I would. I couldn't move on to another team. I don't think I even enjoy watching other football unless it has some relationship with Wednesday (ex player involved or could impact us in some tenuous way).

If there were no Wednesday i wouldn't love football any less - it's my first love after family - and they very often have to take a back seat because of it.

Each to their own but i don't understand the mentality of somebody who loves a club but not the game