Why do you love football?

I love the sounds and the smells. I love the feeling of scoring a goal. I love the sight of seeing thousands of people all wearing blue and white jumping about like loons

I love the camaraderie, the rituals, the traditions, the expectation.

But the BEST bit about football by a mile is when a dog/squirrel/pigeon gets onto the pitch. BLOODY BRILLIANT.

I love the sounds and the smells. I love the feeling of scoring a goal. I love the sight of seeing thousands of people all wearing blue and white jumping about like loons

I love the camaraderie, the rituals, the traditions, the expectation.

But the BEST bit about football by a mile is when a dog/squirrel/pigeon gets onto the pitch. BLOODY BRILLIANT.

You would have loved it, we had a fox at Craven Cottage.

The Bot.

We also got some strange looks there when we beat the Pigs 2-0.

Although when we beat them 1-0 last season the barman let us go mental in the Eg until eventually people complained and he had to quieten us down.

lol

We can see you walking out!

I love the fact that no matter where you go in the world, you will meet a Wednesday fan, or just a local who decided to wear the shirt and follow the team having experienced one of us before.

I love the fact that my football hating girlfriend will now check scores online, as well as Wednesday news, it's just that contagious.

I love the community feeling, the fact that tens of thousands of people can be together in one place for one reason, and will do it week in, week out.

(This week) I love sitting in a bar in Belfast, being asked if I "saw the match", replying "no, couldn't get there", hearing some guy go on about some so called derby match then saying "But Wednesday beat Blackpool."

I love the fact that walking to the ground still gives the same feeling now as it did when I first went all those years ago.

And most of all...I LOVE WEDNESDAY.

Guest Acid Hoot

Streakers

Seeing a truly exceptional goal at Hillsborough (scored by Sheff Wed this doesn't really happen that often) - I'm going to nominate Matty Hamshaw's effort when he ran from his own 18 yard box to score off the post at the other end (Vs Watford I think?) as my favourite example. Love going banana's in the kop when it happens :)

Singing along to the 5live sport report theme tune in the car back when spirits are sky high after the right result

I love not giving a poo what all of my Man United and Chelsea suporting mates say about Wednesday because I know that I'm happier standing on the North rain, snow or shine than I would ever be buying a man united shirt and watching their games in the local pub down in Kent.

Never a truer word spoken.

Few others.

Last minute winners/equalisers. Probably the most amazing feelings.

- Bournmouth away, Heckingbottom equalised with Lucas just missing it!

- vs Bristol at home, amazing following from Bristol as they were on their 10 game winning streak, stopped by Graeme Lee at the death

- vs Southampton - Crossley!

Stewards celebrating goals

Fan / Opposing player interactions

- I'll never forget when Razor Ruddock came up for a corner at the kop end, with every singing "You fat illegitimate" and he pointed to a guy in the crowd and asked if they were singing to him :laugh:

- Or Robbie Savage having fun with the Kop last year.

- Dennis Wise on the ground with his face towards the Kop feining injury, laughing.

It's an addiction, I'm obsessed... just love it...

Everywhere around me is littered with wednesday crap...the f**kin car, my work space, my body, my house, my mum and dads house... you can't go in a room without sumat being SWFC related.... programmes, stickers, mugs, shirt in t'washin pile, etc etc

I am really proud to be a Wednesdayite.

The feeling when we win is awesome, makes ya kinda complete for the week, no worries about fack all, "ahhhhh **** it.... wednesday won."

Strange, but i'll never EVER change.

Strange how the responses to this thread are all about why people love Wednesday not why they love football. Would they still love it if Wednesday (heaven forbid) no longer existed? I don't think I would. I couldn't move on to another team. I don't think I even enjoy watching other football unless it has some relationship with Wednesday (ex player involved or could impact us in some tenuous way).

Strange how the responses to this thread are all about why people love Wednesday not why they love football. Would they still love it if Wednesday (heaven forbid) no longer existed? I don't think I would. I couldn't move on to another team. I don't think I even enjoy watching other football unless it has some relationship with Wednesday (ex player involved or could impact us in some tenuous way).

it does exist though doesn't it - and in the same vein, if football did not exist then Wednesday wouldn't.

So yeah, I love football and by association, I love Wednesday

I love the away days, such as Barnsley last week.

What a feeling. No other sport can give you something like that.

I agree .Away days when we win are special,when we score and you see grown men hugging each other ,that is what football can do.

Dont think i could get so worked up by any other sport.........

Every emotion in one game ,Anger ,sorrow, excitement, joy.thats why i just love football.

went to barnsley never saw you though BRADDAZ.(but knew you were there)

I love the away days, such as Barnsley last week.

What a feeling. No other sport can give you something like that.

Away days are awsome, if its a long trip-

Hotel for 11am

Pub 10 minutes later

Meet up and chat with fellow Owls and opposing fans

Get to ground and take in the pre match atmosphere

Bounce around and sing like a loon, win, loose or draw

Back to hotel then out on the pi$$

Absolutely blinding weekend- and if we win its a bonus... :biggrin: