Worst away day experience

Guest dingdong

Guest c.waddle

Man utd away in the semi final 1st leg of the league cup in 94 we lost 1-0 and giggs scored it was also the week sir Matt busby died i think, and i recall the wednesday fans singing the dambuster tune and when we got outside after the match all hell broke losse man utd fans were hitting every wednesday fan the saw and some idiot who looked like Bez in a benny hat was shouting to me come on then i was only 13 years old he must of been about 30 years at least.

Got spat on about 5 times walking back to the coach aswell and a brick thrown at the bus window.

Derby away, when Dean Saunders scored twice in the last 5 minutes. Little git.

Mayhem outside after, with police horses having a right old laugh.

It was like the charge of the light brigade that day.

Cambridge in the 4 - 0 fa cup was a bad un

Derby away, when Dean Saunders scored twice in the last 5 minutes. Little git.

Mayhem outside after, with police horses having a right old laugh.

Mayhem before the match too :ph34r:

I was a foot from being on front page of Monday night's Star :blush:

*please note I was young and immature back in 1989*

Edited by WadsleyOwl

I remember the Oldham riot, we had a right day out, went on their cop before the game started and fighting breaking out all over the place. Then the actually game started and we got marched round the ground to loud applause from the Wednesday hoards. Cant remember the exact sequence of events but my mate ended up getting nicked and was the on the front page of the Sun. We went to Blackpool after the game a coach load of us. In the pub we went in after a few drinks we had a minutes silence for HMS Sheffield the whole pub fell silent very moving really.

Went back to Oldham the season after in some ways it was a lot worse the violence, remember some coppers getting a right pasting off the Wednesday fans at halftime at the back of our end.

Very immature I suppose but they were good days, not like today's sanitised, corporate manufactured match day experience.

I know I'm a dinosaur

Man utd away in the semi final 1st leg of the league cup in 94 we lost 1-0 and giggs scored it was also the week sir Matt busby died i think, and i recall the wednesday fans singing the dambuster tune and when we got outside after the match all hell broke losse man utd fans were hitting every wednesday fan the saw and some idiot who looked like Bez in a benny hat was shouting to me come on then i was only 13 years old he must of been about 30 years at least.

Got spat on about 5 times walking back to the coach aswell and a brick thrown at the bus window.

I saw a kid about your age then get smacked by a Utd fan, that game was horrible, we got held in the ground and they were all waiting outside, and from what I remember hardly a copper in sight

Arsenal at leicesters old filbert street ground, think it was the second visit circa 1979.FA cup replays,

Rammed into that middle pen till I couldn't breath, me and my mate climbed out over the fence somehow.

Going back to van after match and ambushed by leicesters finest, still remember the stars when one of the little barstewards twatted me from the side in the eye.

Knocked onto the floor and seeming like 60 pair of boots flying at my head, still managed to bang one though before it came on top........

Guest SteveyOwl

8-0 defeat at Newcastle. Coming from Kent it was almost a 14 hour round trip to St James Park and to see that was embarrassing. Never again am I going to that ground!

southampton 1970 set off on s.u.t. coach at mid-night got soton at 7-00 chucked it down all day ,girl i went with took ill and ended up in hospital and was 4-0 down at half-time had a ruck with some saints fans and got back into pond st at midnight and missed the last bus back to mexboro. happy days!!!!!

Plough Lane 1989 stands out, only lost 1-0, absolutely pissed it down all game and we stood on that open terrace, the only shelter was the portakabin toilets, and you think to yourself does it get any worse than this? Course it does we follow Wednesday :laugh:

2nd Jan 89 was another, lost 5-0 at Cov and we were lucky to get 0, Siggi Jonsson was sent off and David Speedie ran riot (little tw*t)

I saw a kid about your age then get smacked by a Utd fan, that game was horrible, we got held in the ground and they were all waiting outside, and from what I remember hardly a copper in sight

It was good when Man ure came to Hillsborough after that, there was a bit of payback before the match as i remember.... :ph34r:

Arsenal away when we lost 7 - 1. (Can't remember the year).

Lost the match, the coach broke down on the M1 on the way back and the Pig fans (they'd just won an FA Cup match I think) were giving us major abuse.

Also Chelsea away (again can't remember the year) when we were 4 - 0 down at half time and I have never been wetter.

Having lived in Berkshire since 1976, its probably some of the home games that stand out as my worst away days.

Of the genuine "away days" Swindon away only a few years back stands out, we gave up a two goal lead to lose 3-2 in the pouring rain. "2-0 and you f***d it up" was their chant. I wasn't hacked off so much at the result, simply at the fact that losing from such a position no longer surprised me.

Middlesbrough away on New Years Day 1991 - severely hungover, it was freezing cold, got p*ssed on throughout the game, police kept us in for approx half an hour (in the rain) and then my mate's car broke down on the A1 and we spent 2-3 hours sat in a freezing car, soaking wet waiting for the AA.

Was that the game where they let us all go to the back of the stand to find the gates shut and then the police sent the horses in to trample all over us!!

darlington away in an fa cup replay in the late 1970s

it was a freezing cold night with ice and snow everywhere, wednesday lost in injury time to a goal by ex wednesday player ferguson (cant remember his first name). there was fighting all over the ground and it carried on all the way throught he match.

Went to that also, Wooden wall collapsed first Wednesday attack, fortunately no injuries.

Fans were charging at each other after the match across a darkened cricket pitch, and were being tripped over by the wire rope surrounding the wicket, reminiscent to soldiers falling at the Somme.