Worst away day experience

Guest dingdong

Guest dingdong

What has been your worst away day experience?

Mine was 2001/02 season away to Crystal Palace we lost 4-1, got absolutely soaked nightmare getting there and back all round bad day that sticks in my mind.

Last night was a good result, but what a dump!

Mine was 2001/02 season away to Crystal Palace we lost 4-1, got absolutely soaked nightmare getting there and back all round bad day that sticks in my mind.

That was an awful match - I remember Bonvin got subbed for tactical reasons on 20 mins.

A beating I took at Leeds when we beat them in the 90's (booth scored i remember) is my worst.

For me It was Grimsby away when Turner was manager.

flipping awful match, lost 2-0, Tony Crane scored in front of the Wednesday fans who'd been giving him stick all match.

An awful day, at an awful ground, during an awful season.

Edited by g-owls

Losing 3-0 to Leeds and then stupidly going for a drink in the Wagon and Horses bang next to the ground, followed by then being chased up the hard shoulder of the M62 by their fans. We ended up heading towards Hull on foot.

Made a little worse as I chose that over the Millwall away game the following week, when Bullen ended up in net and Simek scored to win 1-0 from Millwall celebrating a "goal".

Magic.

A mid eighties mid-week jaunt to Carlisle in a flippingsnowstorm and losing one nowt.

Gordon Owen played for them.

Broke down in the middle of nowhere coming back and didn't get in until dinner time the next day - I still get flash backs!

Every time i've been to Palace. Dump

Middlesbrough away on New Years Day 1991 - severely hungover, it was freezing cold, got p*ssed on throughout the game, police kept us in for approx half an hour (in the rain) and then my mate's car broke down on the A1 and we spent 2-3 hours sat in a freezing car, soaking wet waiting for the AA.

darlington away in an fa cup replay in the late 1970s

it was a freezing cold night with ice and snow everywhere, wednesday lost in injury time to a goal by ex wednesday player ferguson (cant remember his first name). there was fighting all over the ground and it carried on all the way throught he match.

we then broke down on the a1 coming home and eventually managed to get a lift back to sheffield in the early hours of the morning

Chelsea late 80's i thik, pissed it down all game on the open away end and we got hammered 4-0, all way home on the coach freezing cold in wet clothes and shaking like a shiteing dog.

darlington away in an fa cup replay in the late 1970s

it was a freezing cold night with ice and snow everywhere, wednesday lost in injury time to a goal by ex wednesday player ferguson (cant remember his first name). there was fighting all over the ground and it carried on all the way throught he match.

we then broke down on the a1 coming home and eventually managed to get a lift back to sheffield in the early hours of the morning

I went to that but we stayed in Darlo and I got my end away so I remember it a bit differently!

Barry Ferguson?

Guest intercity0wl

Losing 3-0 to Leeds and then stupidly going for a drink in the Wagon and Horses bang next to the ground, followed by then being chased up the hard shoulder of the M62 by their fans. We ended up heading towards Hull on foot.

Made a little worse as I chose that over the Millwall away game the following week, when Bullen ended up in net and Simek scored to win 1-0 from Millwall celebrating a "goal".

Magic.

Lost me on that one George, thought the pub was called the peacock but not 100%, and chased up the Hard shoulder of the M62 was that on foot or in cars, bet it was like the Wacky Races.

Both my worst experiences have been millwall, in the 70s, six year old hardcases just wondring around asking people if they had the time, then on hearing a Northern accent kicking ya as hard as they could on th shin before whistling to their biger mates that they had found an away fan. Was amazing how many of us lost the power of speach that day.

Guest James-The-Owl

Derby away this season was a bad one, was absolutely wasted the night before, had a shocking hangover and one of the worst away performances I've ever witnessed.

Guest trusty_left_peg

4-1 FA Cup defeat at Swindon in our League One promotion season. Absolutely shocking and if I remember rightly we left just after the fourth goal had gone in - only time I've ever left a match early.

Lost me on that one George, thought the pub was called the peacock but not 100%, and chased up the Hard shoulder of the M62 was that on foot or in cars, bet it was like the Wacky Races.

Both my worst experiences have been millwall, in the 70s, six year old hardcases just wondring around asking people if they had the time, then on hearing a Northern accent kicking ya as hard as they could on th shin before whistling to their biger mates that they had found an away fan. Was amazing how many of us lost the power of speach that day.

Was definitely the Wagon and Horses.

We were on foot. I had these ridiculous Diesel trainers on, and being a size 12 must have looked like Sideshow Bob sprinting up the hard shoulder. Rodney12 off of Owlstalk also ran into a branch.

Guest wayne foster

Newcastle away somtime in the 80's. Went up in the car and when I got back to it after the match found my tyres slashed and windscreen smashed.