What Price would be acceptable for Grant?

well United quoted that they wanted at least £4 million for Paddy Kenny last season.

Watford have said they will not sell Loach for less than 7 figures.

So, basing Grant's valuation against those two, he surely has to be worth at least 3-4 million of anyones money.

That is what he is WORTH, what we would accept is probably £2 - £2.5 mill

Guest Ripley Owl

In the present climate i would think that 1.75 mill would be acceptable as long as we had a replacement lined up , although i would rather keep him.

Guest benmark

Some people need to get a grip of reality!

None of Carson, Robinson or Green went for £4m, so how on EARTH is anyone ever going to sell Grant (0 England caps, Championship experience) for £4m?

If we get £2m then we've done really, really well.

and who do we get in thats as good as grant. plus there isnt a chance AI would get 2m to play with

I don't know, but I'm not a football manager. I'm sure Irvine will only sell if he feels it is in the best interests of the club as a whole.

Ultimately, if you remove sentiment from this (and I like Grant as much as the next Owl), a club in our situation simply has to wheel and deal to move forwards, and that involves selling your better players sometimes, in order to bring in several others to strengthen overall. If its good enough for Wenger, its good enough for us!

Incidentally, for all those that reckon we wouldn't be able to get as good a keeper as Grant for £2m, how much did Grant cost?

I think putting a price on Grant is daft. The price we should accept, (as is the case with any player with years left on their contract) is the price that enables us to use the money to strengthen the squad.

Goal keeper is a specific position, so the only way we can sell him is if we already have a replacement ready to sign.

So instead of putting a figure on it, we need to sell him for enough to get a replacement in.

If the replacement is considered better, then sell Grant for the same.

If the replacement is the same, sell for slightly more and have a bit of profit.

If the replacement isn't as good (but is considered good enough) sell for considerably more and strengthen other areas too.

Otherwise there is absolutely no point in selling. He is tied to a long contract so can't leave, and selling him would be a step backwards.

Guest Boozinowl

no point sellin him for anything less then 5 million, we wont b able to get another class keeper with out proper amount of cash to re-invest

Guest catdog11211

I would say he is worth around the 2mill mark but would want to accept anything lower than 3.5mill, dont want to end up in another gk merry go round so his sale must have enough to buy a decent keeper and some left over or its not worth it. Dont want to see him go mind.

Incidentally, for all those that reckon we wouldn't be able to get as good a keeper as Grant for £2m, how much did Grant cost?

I'd give it up - it doesn't seem to compute with many fans no matter how many examples you give them

Grant's ex team-mate, Lee Camp (who is currently receiving the rave reviews of CCC keepers) has amassed £400k in fees during his career - obviously Grant himself was free

It goes without saying there's no point selling Grant (whatever the fee within reason) if there isn't a plan in place

I'd give it up - it doesn't seem to compute with many fans no matter how many examples you give them

Grant's ex team-mate, Lee Camp (who is currently receiving the rave reviews of CCC keepers) has amassed £400k in fees during his career - obviously Grant himself was free

It goes without saying there's no point selling Grant (whatever the fee within reason) if there isn't a plan in place

agreed