Alan Irvine

Seems to be all about belief & organisation - two things massively lacking up until now.

I stand by my thoughts that if he keeps us up he's an absolute legend - it's far too easy to look at the table now after two wins and wonder what all the fuss was about - no mistake, its a huge achievement.

2 wins, 4 goals, defensively pretty solid - early days but he's doing a superb job so far.

I had a good feeling about AI since he got sacked from PNE.

Glad he's got a good start so that I didnt look like a *** lol

...how would results change that?... ;-)

PS..I actually have no idea what Brownlad looks like but I couldn't resist.

Guest CampbellOwl-36

Would be the ultimate irony if we slipped abover Preston in the next few weeks. So far it looks like their loss is our gain, cheers Northenders!

The confidence of a fresh approach...precise organised training pays off....

Now wednesday dont let all the hard work of the past 4 days be undone with a typical 'wednesday' performance.

Roll on sat....

Although a win is needed, is a point really such a bad result.. ?

Guest Ratty-owl

The confidence of a fresh approach...precise organised training pays off....

Now wednesday dont let all the hard work of the past 4 days be undone with a typical 'wednesday' performance.

Roll on sat....

Although a win is needed, is a point really such a bad result.. ?

At home against The Posh in a relegation scrap yes. 6 pointer mate.

The great feeling is no one would have expected us to get as much as a draw let alone 3 points at Blackpool when they have only lost 1 match at home. I doubt if any of the clubs around us now will relish a match a Hillsborough looking at our last 2 away results. I suddenly feel rather optomistic and its rather nice.

I think Alan Irvine has brought some structure to the unorganised chaos we have had before.

He seems to have got our players enjoying the football again. An example of this would be the celebration by Leon. Recently when he's been coming on he's lacked any confidence whatsoever and hasnt looked like he wanted to enter the field.

I just think Alan has instilled in them belief again. For me its imperative we build upon this however. I think its important for us to build the current structure of the team. Ive said it all season but i believe we need a right winger. I think JJ doesnt have any competition down the right hand side and for me EE isint the answer on the right hand side. Id be looking to bring someone in on the right or keep Soares on a longer loan spell.

I like the idea of having JJ as a striker/winger and having another first team right midfield guy in the squad. The whole Unit is stronger when we have two players who can be defensive and attacking minded on the wings in Gray and Soares as opposed to JJ and EE who are attacking minded.

Its not just the performances from Soares (who i believe hasnt being brilliant but has made telling contributions) its how it suits the team. T

Its extremely encouraging what Alan has brought to the team so early. I know its only the start and only 6 points but its possibly two of the best 6 points we could of had without playing the top 3. It was about getting our lads to want to play again and if that happens then we will do well. We just need to build on this and not rest on what we currently have. Its imperative we keep Soares or bring in someone similar and its essential we wheel and deal to keep the current structure of the team as solid as possible for when we have injuries.

:wub: I love you.

In a back-slapping kind of way, yes, I agree! ;-)

This transformation just shows you how woeful Brian's 'leadership' had become. Amazing performances, from the same bunch of lads.

Hearty congratulations to the lads and especially Alan Irvine - I can see AI/SWFC being a successful partnership for many, many years.

We've finally 'found our man' for the long-haul. Thank you so much, Preston!

UTO!!!

Absolutely. The biggest thing for me is there seems to be a belief and some passion in the team again. There is no way we would have done this under Brian. ALAN IRVINE'S BARMY ARMY!

I don't think it's about belief. I think it's all to do with organisation and structure on the team on the field, which you'll find, if you listened to the radio, is must better under Irvine. I still don't like his style of football though, but if it gets us out of trouble ....

p.s. sorry for all the Is, but this is fast typing. The boss is wondering what I'm doing

Guest Leg-end

Making me eat my words thus far, long may it continue!

Too right, where's all the doubters gone all of a sudden - some fans at this club are scum!

I don't think we were all moaning last week when AI got the job.

Some of us were shocked by the coverage of the club which revealed how bad the finances were when it was made clear that Wed had to "create a budget by moving out (our better) players" and some people realised that hoping for someone like Kevin Keegan had been totally unrealisatic.

AI is the best qualified with the best pedigree of any managerfor 10 years maybe 12. He has managed a club successfully in this division. All our previous managers in that time came from below where we were in the league or were originally assiostants to them.