"Alan Irvine" - How do YOU say it?

Guest owls_4_life

:biggrin: MacLean was one that always annoyed me. When you bloody English pronounced it 'mc-leen'. That is 100% pronounced 'mc-lane'

I think the best way to solve this will be to ask Alan himself. It seems with one poster on here that people that have the surname pronounce it both ways. It's obviously down to preference. Anyone fancy phoning Radio Sheffield? :laugh: I would but nobody would understand me.

What's the correct pronunciation for Scone/Sconn in Scotland?

I'm not sure why you keep quoting that website. Surely the pronunciation of a name is entirely down to the preference of the beholder? Although usually this comes directly from however their parents pronounced it too.

I don't think this sort of thing can be proved with "facts", it should be pronounced however Irvine would like it to be pronounced.

Just ask Mrs. Bucket.

Posted Image

:rolleyes: I did say that earlier.

Before or after the buckfast ?

:laugh:

What's the correct pronunciation for Scone/Sconn in Scotland?

:biggrin: I thought it was only posh people that said it that way?

I like your "I believe" avatar, especially good as it is a phrase which has been associated with the Jambos as well as the Owls in recent times.

Off topic but Templeton and Robinson did well on Saturday for the JTs.

Aye Templeton has been knocking on the door of the first team for a while. It has been great to see the 2 young laddies doing well up front. We'll need to get used to seeing the youth in the first team. It's going to be a big part of the future now under Romanov.

Guest owls_4_life

:rolleyes: I did say that earlier.

:biggrin: I thought it was only posh people that said it that way?

haha well i'm not posh but say scone - always have this argument with people !